Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Parents & Christmas spending habbits (spoilt younger sibling content)
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

This year we (me & the wife) actually got what we asked for off my mum & dad as did my sister (both gifts about £65 in value) only to find out my brother (he's a fair bit younger) got a frikkin Macbook, countless DVD's & PS3 games, skull-kandy head phones and loads of other stuff, probably knocking on a grands worth of presents – I've kinda put the previous spending habbits (re: my brothers presents)of my parents to one side as we're (me & my sister are older) but this year they really took the P!$$ 😯

This year he's had 5k spent on his bedroom being re-furbed/decorated, 3 new guitars a PS3 and desktop computer and an orange guitar amp!

God only knows what he's going to get next year!

Just to take the biscuit we got him a PAYG mobile phone for his birthday, that alsted all of a week before he'd got my parents to buy him a new one as the one we got wasn't good enough!!

druidh
    Free Member

steve_b77 – Member
    This year we (me & the wife) actually got what we asked for off my mum & dad

Sorted

project
    Free Member

Are they actually your brothers mum and dad or just Sugar Mummy and Daddy.

Also how old is your brother 37.

Smee
    Free Member
    cinnamon_girl

You do realise that your parents are not doing him any favours? Presumably he is the only one left at home? He will not want to leave!

I would bite your tongue, he will get a shock when he enters the real world.

obirobkeno
    Free Member

I'm one of 3 kids, ME and by brother are 31, my sister 42. We always get the same kinda stuff (value-wise), but it's not important. I see where you're coming from, I empathise, but cinnamon_girl said, your parents aren't dong him any favours.

I'd leave it alone for now, bur raise the issue with your olds at a later, more appropriate, time. With the right approach, your parents will take it on-board and be reasonable about it all…

You guys appreciate yours, you brother may not…

'Tis the season of good-will, after all! 😀 Hope it hasn't ruined your festive spirit.

Rob.

uplink
    Free Member

Me & the missus each got a selection box off her parents
    Her brother & his wife got a fancy HD camcorder

TBH – I really don't care
    If you let it bother you it won't serve any purpose other than chew you up

Ed2001
    Free Member

What a great OP. I can't make my mind up who in the family I feel more sorry for. Christmas is great!

nonk
    Free Member

are not showing a bit of a spoilt brat attitude yourself there though?

iDave
    Free Member

actually got what we asked for

maybe your younger brother aimed higher and got what he asked for?

Jase
    Free Member

5k on his bedroom! Must be nice

sc-xc

A time for giving, a time for getting,A time for forgiving and for forgetting.

RustySpanner

The Gin Blossoms!
    That's one of my favourite songs….

Goan, that's your best ever post – I know your intention was to belittle the OP and make him feel stupid, but, against all the odds you have actually made someone smile.
    Try it again sometime, I believe it's addictive 😀

tails
    Free Member

thats a hell of a lot of stuff to get for christmas, some families are right mad for it. I can see where your coming from as it is easy to get jealous but seriously **** him, just buy what you want that way you get what you want.

djglover
    Free Member

maybe they feel sorry for him as you've got on with it and he's just a sad **** stuck at home with them?

stumpyjon

I know how you feel, my brother (36) is still living at home with my Dad. Drives me crazy on occaision as he's hardly paying rent, has a compnay car and doesn't even have to worry about grocery shopping. I left home at 21 and have never had any help from my parents (to be fair I haven't asked either). He's had the equivliant of £ 100k's lavished on him not having to sort out his own house etc.

Then I look at his life and compare it with my own. I have my own house, life, wife and 2 kids. I got here through my own efforts (and those of my wife), we don't owe anybody anything and we have a future. He on the other hand stopped growing social and domestically when he was about 18. Cinnamon_girl got it about right, they aren't doing him any favours. Unfortunately it may be a long time before the real world catches up with him. I know my brother's in for a life crippling shock when my Dad dies and he has to fend for himself and leave the family home. It's one thing I don't envy him.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Parents & Christmas spending habbits (spoilt younger sibling content)’ is closed to new replies.