Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Parents and child hair colour
  • TheFlyingOx

Ha. Yes it’s larger than the average nose, but then 50% of noses are. I would say the effect is exaggerated by being top corner of frame with a very short focal length phone camera. I should probably add for the female aesthetic purists out there that likely accounts for how her head looks at least 50% longer than my wife’s too. It’s not.

bigblackshed

her head looks at least 50% longer than my wife’s too. It’s not.

Have you measured it? 😉

The Wife and my families have blonde hair and blue eyes scattered about. Almost white blonde when children but tends to go darker with age. There are some brown eyes in past generations which I thought were dominant, but have yet to appear. I’m not sure about my father, never met him, but I’ve seen b&w photos, he looks to have dark hair. I’m very dark hair, blue eyes and pale skin, freckles in the summer. The Wife is light blonde and blue eyes. Both boys are like my wife.

Interestingly, or not, my wife and her sister look very similar. Our two boys and her four, two from one father and two from another, all look very similar. To the point you couldn’t tell who belongs to who. We were looking through old photos on the weekend and its only because of the style of clothes or decoration, and the age of the photo, that you can tell who the photo is of. Even going back to great grand parents the appearance is striking. They must have very strong genes. Even the blonde hair and blue eyes.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m mousey blonde and my other half brunette and our offspring is ginger!

I think that it’s probably from my side because my dad’s mum was ginger and so is one of my cousins. My sister is ‘strawberry blonde’ in her words (ginger in mine). My dad has really dark hair and my mum was blonde.

binners

I have no hair.

My daughters do though.

Weird.

But none of us have particularly big noses

Genetics eh?

thursdayshirts
    Free Member

Im ginge and blue eyed, the mrs is ginge and blue eyed- we had bright orange haired kids with blue eyes. none of our parents are ginge. There you go

As an aside how is discriminating against someone due to the colour of their hair and and colour of their skin any different. some of the comments on here although flippant would be construed a whole lot differently if skin colour was mentioned instead of hair colour…

convert

As an aside how is discriminating against someone due to the colour of their hair and and colour of their skin any different. some of the comments on here although flippant would be construed a whole lot differently if skin colour was mentioned instead of hair colour…

Simply because skin colour is a ‘marker’ of ethnicity or racial origin – and it is the persecution of people of different ethnical or racial background in our history (and today) that people get understandably a little touchy about. I don’t think they would have ever have made ’12 years a slave’ about a ginger bloke abducted from Glasgow and made to work on a wurzel farm in somerset!

thursdayshirts
    Free Member

That wurzel*farm was rough by the way!!! I’ve got scars.

*what is a wurzel?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

*what is a wurzel?

A larger version of a neep, commonly fed to cattle. But in Somerset, where they’re all inbred, probably with red eyes and webbed feet.

binners

boxelder

Ha. Yes it’s larger than the average nose, but then 50% of noses are.

Not if it’s a mean or a mode, but lets not into standard deviation, or kurtosis.

TheFlyingOx

chewkw
    Free Member

convert – Member

Mind posting up random pics of your friends

Do this guy’s posts really give you the indication that this is even a remote possibility? I’ve never had that impression.

I don’t use FriendbookFace … 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Parents and child hair colour’ is closed to new replies.