Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Parentrackworld – you know its the summer holidays because….
  • binners

I can’t get the back door open as there appear to be 27 pairs of muddy trainers piled up behind it. Despite there only being two of them, and they’ve only two feet each.

So as we reach the ‘I love you, but I’m sick of the sight of you’ phase of the summer, air your petty annoyances and grievances parents of STW

GO!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

The weather sucks and feels more like autumn. 😉

Cougar

they’ve only two feet each

Still above average though.

footflaps

One of our cats is in a huff as he had his flea treatment last night, which he hates.

ehrob

…all of your work colleagues who have kids stop bothering to come in because apparently having kids means you get the same holidays as they do.

perchypanther
    Free Member

So as we reach the ‘I love you, but I’m sick of the sight of you’ phase of the summer,

yeah, like three weeks ago. Only 10 days to go…..

Despite having the total sum of the worlds knowledge and entertainment output at their instant command they still have the bare faced audacity to claim that they are bored and have nothing to do.

Harry_the_Spider

Lego.

Everywhere.

oldtalent
    Free Member

An increase in vandalism and antisocial behaviour. I hate children.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I love the summer holidays as it means my cycle commute to work is so much quieter. In fact this morning I was concerned I was going to work on Sunday by mistake, that’s how quiet it was.

Although that doesn’t fit with the theme of the thread so here’s an annoyance. My office is over the road from a children’s indoor play centre. It appears children cannot walk from their parent’s car to the centre judging by the way some of the mums park. They have to be as close to the door as possible and sod everyone else. Double parking, parking on corners, on the footpath, wherever they feel like.

jam-bo

they probably hate you too.

johndoh
    Free Member

I find it best to put them to work…

kimbers

took them swimming yesterday morning then bike ride in the afternoon
    trying to tire them out

end result was kids still messing around at 9pm

me & the wife shattered!

nickc

I’m bored, you’re boring, it’s
    Boring. What’s for tea, is it teatime yet, I’m bored there’s nothing to do I’m hungry is it teatime, what’s in the fridge I’m bored….

BillOddie

1) The creeping realisation that after the next couple of weeks the next time you will be able to take any meaningful time off work will be Christmas as you have burned through it all over the last few weeks and Easter.

2) The shock at discovering the kids don’t go back until Wednesday after the BH weekend as Tuesday is a Teacher Training Day.

zippykona

“Don’t touch” when entering a shop removes the parents of any responsibility of what their little darlings then get up to and that includes their kids leaving the shop while their caring parents are face booking.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Kids, y’know the young ones, I enjoy. Sweet, happy, fun, giggles, and a whole load of interest in everything.. which is exhausting for an adult.
    The surly early teens you can keep, until they get to about 15 when they’ve realised the world simply doesn’t revolve around thier spectacularly inane selfishness.. then they seem to pop out of that and I’d quite happily engage with them again.
    The school holidays at the club always cheer me up. Loads of families (well Mum or Dad, never both) and children learning to sail, splashing about in the water, swimming, beach volley, digging the Dunes up for hours and hours until the sun goes down. Delightful times.

GrahamS

…all of your work colleagues who have kids stop bothering to come in because apparently having kids means you get the same holidays as they do.

They shouldn’t get any more holidays than anyone else, but they are entitled to ask for unpaid parental leave.

hairylegs
    Free Member

I’m bored, you’re boring, it’s
    Boring. What’s for tea, is it teatime yet, I’m bored there’s nothing to do I’m hungry is it teatime, what’s in the fridge I’m bored….

LOL … you’ve been round mine then!!

Despite a weeks holiday in Malta, four days at a Festival and a week’s D of E training so far these holidays it’s still BORING!

Not as boring as the puerile drivel going her social media though!!

gnusmas

air your petty annoyances and grievances parents of STW

School holidays.

johndoh
    Free Member

I have what is going to be something akin to the Third Circle of Hell going on tonight though – my two (8 years old) have been at a friend’s all morning, then she came back to ours all afternoon, then staying for tea and *THEN* having a sleepover – three of them in one big double bed.

I am going to hit the Henry Weston’s early to drown out the cacophony out.

Drac

You get miserable gits complaining about the school holidays, I’m back at work on Friday and really wish I was off longer with my kids while they are not at school

prawny

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    Lego.

Everywhere.

This, times infinity.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m home this week with the Youngest, she’s only 3 so nursery is still open (at £53 a day I wouldn’t close either). Eldest had 2 weeks at home and was 90% vegetable by the time he flew off to NYC with my wife.

I’ve been doing the family day out thing all week, hundreds of people shell-shocked with thousand yards stares trying not to break down in tears when they’re forking out £60 to see some plastic dinosaurs and another £50 for 4 plates of deep fried from frozen sausages and chips.

Stil.. daughter is in nursery again Wednesday because they just say “that’s nice, you’ve still got to pay) if you tell them you’re on holiday so I’m going to BPW. If you’re there and see someone talking nonsense to anyone who’ll listen that’ll be me – it’ll the first adult I’ve spoken to in about a week.

hammerite
    Free Member

I’ve found myself defending teenagers on our village’s Facebook community group. Any little annoyance in the village seems to be blamed on “teenagers whose parents should know better.” It’s like a copy of the Daily Mail.

The fact that there’s very little in the village for older kids to do hasn’t seemed to register with most. Shocking state of affairs for a big village.

Thankfully Jnr isn’t involved in anything, we’re out of the country!

ratherbeintobago

Stil.. daughter is in nursery again Wednesday because they just say “that’s nice, you’ve still got to pay) if you tell them you’re on holiday so I’m going to BPW.

Bike given a thorough clean on Fri and put in the shed until Sep here.

#1’s bike getting far more use than mine…

MoreCashThanDash

Last week Jnr was at a Scout jamboree, wife and daughter at a Guide jamboree. I rode 242 miles.

This week appears to be revolving around the resulting laundry mountain….

ratherbeintobago

Last week Jnr was at a Scout jamboree, wife and daughter at a Guide jamboree.

Miss RBIT the Elder has her Pot of Gold in Dec. Roll on Brownie camps. Mind you, she’s already been trying to work out what badges she can earn (including the cycling one) so God help Brown Owl.

Cougar

Lego.

Everywhere.

I neither have, want, or like kids, but that sounds fantastic!

ajantom

I’m on summer hols (+ 2 weeks paternity leave at the beginning of September).

Which sounds great, but the wife’s due date was last Saturday, so we are currently playing the waiting game!
    She doesn’t want me to be further than 1/2 hour away at any point so bike rides of any decent length are out 🙁

On the plus side I’m getting lots of quality time with our 3 year old daughter. She’s been doing a lot of laps of the park on her balance bike!

funkmasterp

No change hear. Demented three year old running about and making me and his mum laugh, shout and beg for respite in equal measure as usual. Felt so proud earlier when I stole one of my (heavily pregnant) wife’s Muller rice. Funk Jr proclaimed I hadn’t stolen it as “daddy he super hungry”

Mrs Funkmaster broke the toilet seat today. In revenge I took Funk mk2 with me to to B&Q and let him choose the new toilet seat 😀

seadog101

Away from home at work across the sea, Mrs Seadog and Master Seadog (15 year old) not getting along right now, seemingly sick of each other’s company.
    Not making me feel good about a job that takes me away from referee role.

jodafett

You lot have had it easy! I broke my collarbone in June so I’ve been off work the entire holidays!!!!! I will never go to BPW in the summer again!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Im back in work for a rest 🙂

kimbers

Aaahh the hazy days of summer, running with gay abandon through fields of wheat, scrumping for apples, graffiting prick on the side of the local hearse…

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1687801947939073&id=151069721612311&comment_id=1688362331216368&notif_t=feed_comment&notif_id=1502178204174548&ref=m_notif

My home towns great, some of the comments are quite scary too tbh !

perchypanther
    Free Member

Aaahh the hazy days of summer, running with gay abandon through future of what, scrumping for apples

Autumn’s usually best for apples.

crankboy
    Free Member

lego everywhere !!! nerf gun equipped ambushes when I walk in from work , MY scalextric being used to stage crashes and pile ups though to be fair F1 would be more interesting if the cars did ramp jumps into stacks of drums.
    Having to go to work while he gets to play.

onehundredthidiot

3.5 days of holiday left. Come Monday it’s staring blankly ahead while someone tells us that we need to close the attainment gap and focus on teaching and learning.
    Bet the sun comes out.

FuzzyWuzzy

The fact that there’s very little in the village for older kids to do hasn’t seemed to register with most. Shocking state of affairs for a big village

Never really bought into this myself, I didn’t grow up with lots of kids facilities (if you’re talking youth clubs, community centres, leisure centres etc.). We just had fields, footballs, bikes, imagination etc. and got on with it. We didn’t trash people’s property for our entertainment, might have got drunk a few times and made too much noise. Kids these days at least have the Internet when it’s raining outside to, rather than 3 or 4 channels on a crappy TV (yeah my childhood was 30+ years ago…).

Maybe the parents in your village should fund some facilities if it’s a concern?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Grumpy buggers. School hols are brilliant. No more kids for weeks. yeah!

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Parentrackworld – you know its the summer holidays because….’ is closed to new replies.