Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • parcelmonkey – what're they like
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Need to send a big + expensive monitor UK to Irish Republic

parcelmonkey have some appealing prices but does it actually work?

Any other recommendations for sending fragile stuff to Ireland welcome. No urgency would prefer it to get there in one piece rather than several

Ta

yorkshire89
    Free Member

They’ve been good when I’ve used them.

Sometimes use parcelhero too, seems cheaper for bigger items.

Senditnow.co.uk use parcelforce services but work out cheaper.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Parcel Monkey are just middlemen, no? The only issue I could imagine having, is if something goes wrong it’s an extra party to deal with?

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve used them for years without problem until a few months ago when they shafted me a bit.

I wanted to send a frame to Russia – used the quick quote on the home page – weight and destination got price = happy.

when I actually tried to book it and added the dimensions the price jumped by 300%, not happy especially as the quick quote didn’t come with any warnings about maximum size or anything, but I marched on regardless and booked it. They accepted it and dispatched a courier to collect it, but I had any automated e-mail to say the address label had been delayed – courier arrived and I had to send him away, chased them, nothing – next morning courier arrived, still no note – finally PM told me they didn’t deliver that part of Russia and they’d have to refund me. Very unhappy.

Now I don’t suspect that will be an issue with Ireland and as long as you’ve put the dimensions into the quote then you probably won’t get any nasty shocks, but I thought it worth mentioning that they rely on very hands-off easy repeat business and there’s not much of a human element and its slow work getting hold of them sometimes.

Oh and you mention expensive – their insurance doesn’t cover laptops or screens (I forget which, possibly both) so bear that in mind.

rocketman
    Free Member

Ok thanks

Much appreciated

simon_g

Effectively they just give you access to their trade account with a bunch of couriers. Any problem would still involve legwork on your part with the courier.

Be very careful around things like monitors, often they’re on exclusion lists for insurance cover. I couldn’t find anyone who’d transport an iMac fully insured, only loss/theft cover.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘parcelmonkey – what're they like’ is closed to new replies.