Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Parcelforce – complete waste of space
  • DrJ

So, as Parcelfarce wouldn’t leave my parcel with a neighbour, I took a day vacation to wait at home for them today. But their van broke down, and they aren’t delivering it. And instead of calling me to let me know, so that I could salvage my vacation day, they just did … nothing. So now the item will just have to go back to the shop – I can’t spend all my vacation allowance waiting for these imbeciles.

sharkbait
    Free Member

And on the flip side I’ve just had a delivery by DPD who must be the best delivery company out there right now.
    Companies like parcrelforce really need to wake up and pay attention.

postierich
    Free Member

Calling to let you know these boys have between 150/200 drops are they supposed to cll everyone!!!
    Vans break down unable to let your neighbour have it probably sender insists you sign for it!
    Vacation are you an american!!!

Your driver will get paid per drop and gets the sack if your parcel goes missing! its cut throat out there

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Really? when I wasn’t in they just left a bike on my doorstep and forged a signature to prove I’d signed for it. And when I complained was told this was “one the best drivers in the depot”
    And when carrying the bags of cat food to my 70 year old mother’s door was too much for the poor dears, they just dumped them at the post office and told her to get them herself.

trail_rat
    Free Member

is this your first delivery ?

you seem to have little grasp of how the uk delivery system works.

failed delivery = held at depot for 2 weeks for you to collect at your convienance. (between teh hours of 9-5.30.

lucky im rural so it gets dropped at the village post office and not the city depot miles away.

currently waiting for my DPD photograph of my parcel sitting on my doorstep in a “safe place”

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

gets the sack if your parcel goes missing!

..and if there’s a fake signature, you call the supplier and get another whatever it is or your money back into the bargain.
    signed delivery and useless lazy couriers, it’s win win

BigDummy
    Free Member

Calling to let you know these boys have between 150/200 drops are they supposed to cll everyone!!!

Proper delivery companies manage to text me with the name of the driver and a 1-hour window when the drop will be made. I imagine they could manage to send a “sorry, scratch that, the van broke down” text if that occurred.

🙂

DrJ

Vans break down unable to let your neighbour have it probably sender insists you sign for it!
    Vacation are you an american!!!

There you have it – the postal system in a nutshell – making excuses and blaming the customer!

geoffj

There you have it – the postal system in a nutshell – making excuses and blaming the customer!

Not really.

Proper delivery companies manage to text me with the name of the driver and a 1-hour window when the drop will be made. I imagine they could manage to send a “sorry, scratch that, the van broke down” text if that occurred.

Only if the sender has your mobile number and your permission to dish it out.

scc999

Parcelforce no longer deliver parcels in my area.
    They deliver cards.
    Then instead of being able to collect the parcel from a depot that is open til 7 or later they kindly take a vanload of parcels straight to the local Post Office. Which shuts at 530. Oh, and you have to wait an extra day before picking it up.

Good job they don’t charge for delivering a parcel to an address in a specific time frame! Oh, wait, hold on…..

Si

ransos
    Free Member

DPD = 1 hour delivery window, and they text you to tell you when it will be. 100% accurate IME.

ParcelForce = 12 hour delivery window, they may or may not turn up.

DrJ

I ordered this item online because it’s too big for me to carry from a shop. By the same token it’s too big to carry home from the depot, and too big for them to leave at the post office. They have my mobile number which i gave them when I arranged this re delivery for this specific day. They could also have left some more information on their tracking website instead of “returned to depot”. But no. Customer comes last.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

It seems to me they’re all competing on price and there might be room for an outfit that competes on quality of service. If one did that, I think a lot of us would be happy to pay extra.

nickdavies

there might be room for an outfit that competes on quality of service

There is, DPD….

totalshell

DPD are brilliant if your expecting a parcel.. i always use it for work stuff.. recipient gets text to say it ll be there that day drivers name and what time and they are never wrong in my experience.. when sending out eblag guff i use myhermes cheap dead handy down the papershop takes about days but tracked within an inch of its life..

boltonjon

Really impressed with DPD and TNT recently.

I work, so cannot be at home to receive packages.

The aforementioned carrier then drops the parcel at a local newsagent which i can pick up anytime from 7am to 11pm

Better than the Post Office in every possible way

Have stopped using online shops who use Royal Mail or Parcel Force for this very reason

wolly
    Free Member

The DPD chap who delivers to my work sometimes has to hang about until the alloted time. He can’t deliver early guess that why they’re so accurate.

revs1972
    Free Member

No doubt the ParcelFarce drivers are in a union, so can do wtf they like with the threat of industrial action if anyone complains about them.

DrJ

Have stopped using online shops who use Royal Mail or Parcel Force for this very reason

I’ll be doing the same.

Jamie
    Free Member

I know this doesn’t help the OP, but my Parcel Force driver is a lovely bloke. Always comes about 7am. I guess I’m lucky that I must be first on the route, so don’t have to hang about.

phunkmaster
    Free Member

No doubt the ParcelFarce drivers are in a union, so can do wtf they like with the threat of industrial action if anyone complains about them.

Please say you’re being ironic. Either way, enjoy your weekend . . .

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I know this doesn’t help the OP, but my Parcel Force driver is a lovely bloke. Always comes about 7am. I guess I lucky that I must be first on the route, so don’t have to hang about.

Yup, i know mine too, again great bloke who does Ju Jitsu with me. But, if DPD can offer such a good service, why can’t PF step up to the plate.??

jonba
    Free Member

I like DPD but also royal mail, mainly because I live 5 minutes walk from the sorting office so can just pick up the item in the morning.

I think collect plus is the future. They pick up and drop off at my local shop. Open 7-11 everyday so really convenient. Pretty good value. No need to attempt delivery for me, I’m not in most weekdays.

I assume the majority of income for these people comes from business use as they seem to lack understanding of the consumer market or the willingness to cater for it.

trailmonkey

No doubt the ParcelFarce drivers are in a union, so can do wtf they like with the threat of industrial action if anyone complains about them

yes. that’s exactly how being in a union works.

you better hope that your carer isn’t in one.

timidwheeler

+1 for DPD.
    Parcel force helpfully deliver to my local post office.
    It is open Mon, Tue, Thurs and Fri, although it closes at 1700. And from 1200-1430.

theocb
    Free Member

Parcel Force have been very good for me over the years. Never damaged or lost a parcel and reasonable price (‘send it now’ has helped on that front.)

What sort of price is DPD for a frame or wheels?

ninfan
    Free Member

Amazons own delivery, whoever that is with, have been interesting recently

Out for delivery today and delivery unsucessful emails two days on the trot… Both days someone was in, and no knock at the door or anything, day three, phone call from bloke asking where we are. It was clear they had never even attempted the previous day’s and we’re just putting it off until they could bundle a few in the area into one day.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Parcelforce – 12 hour window
    DPD 1 hour window sent by text.

Win for DPD.
    I’m currently waiting for 2 deliveries from ParcelForce, they might come on Monday, but the tracking system is so out of date, I can’t be sure. I can’t help thinking that if CRC had used DPD, I would’ve had my items by now. ParcelForce must be unbelievably cheap for online companies to rest their reputation on them…

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Parcelforce – complete waste of space’ is closed to new replies.