• This topic has 36 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Parcelfarce and CRC
  • nickfrog
    Free Member

Unbelievable. Not only I pay for next day delivery and I don’t get it but Parcelforeskin lie and “invent” an attempted delivery at the last minute even though their tracking service was showing that the parcels were never out for delivery. It claims the driver left a card yet he never turned up, 3 of us at home and CCTV confirming that!

I can’t believe CRC let their logistical “partner” put them in disrepute with their customers. Why choose Parcelforce, no one in their own mind would do that.

If it was a £20 order I could just about accept it but it was £1,000 worth of parts ; but I guess CRC are in such a dominant position, they won’t really care.

Rant over and I’d better resume it with CRC tomorrow AM.

Really tempted to cancel the order and generate a significant reverse logistical cost to CRC on principle unless of course they resolve it.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Shock, horror; sometimes stuff goes wrong

My experience of CRC deliveries is first class.

I’ve no doubt CRC will be as unhappy as you and will resolve pronto.

I suggest you calm down and make a reasonable request for a discount from CRC. Give CRC a chance to sort it – if they don’t then that’s the time to rant

monkeyboyjc

Hardly crc’s fault, but anoying (clearly) just ask for the additional cost of 24HR postage back…

legend
    Free Member

Why choose Parcelforce

Because we all kicked off when they switched to DHL and suddenly there wasn’t a local collection point

funkmasterp

Paragraphs, no swearing and no unnecessary capitals. Worst rant ever. Things sometimes go wrong chat to CRC and you’ll probably get a discount.

northshoreniall

Just for balance –
    That’s a shame, conversely parcelforce text me Tuesday evening ( I’ve still not had a dispatch email from crc) letting me know would attempt delivery Wednesday.
    I replied for option 2 as knew nobody be home and collected it from local post office yesterday, even left me a card – happy bunny.
    Not sure if relevant but order value £136.99
    Doubt it will be even a noticeable logistical cost on whatever contract they have negotiated!

seadog101

CRC have been pretty good with all my deliveries. The only time it failed was a next day, and they refunded the charge for that with no quibbles.

swavis

I’ve noticed CRC seem to be a bit slower to dispatch stuff recently. I get a dispatch email with a tracking number from RM, which is raised when you book a delivery, then it can be a couple of days before RM receive it into their system.

If I want stuff quickly and can’t get to the LBS I use Merlin, always very prompt.

mikey3
    Free Member

Hope you get through this difficult time.

devash
    Free Member

CRC has dropped the ball a bit with the logistics side of things recently. Add that to the fact that Wiggle seem to have the best prices now (and that most of their stuff is boxed retail and not OEM) I’ve started to use CRC less and less.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Why choose Parcelforce, no one in their own mind would do that.

I do. Regularly. Mosey on down to the LOCAL depot and drop off annoyingly awkward parcel at lunch job jobbed.

poah
    Free Member

not really CRC or parcel force’s fault more the **** delivery guy.

simondbarnes

Add that to the fact that Wiggle seem to have the best prices now (and that most of their stuff is boxed retail and not OEM) I’ve started to use CRC less and less.

Aren’t they the same company now?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

#prayfornick

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve had a few long delivery times in the last couple of weeks, not just from CRC and with different carriers. Maybe just a glitch in the matrix.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve still not had a dispatch email from crc

Their IT system is borked at the mo and it’s not issuing dispatch emails (I called them a few days after ordering a new Reverb and not hearing owt).

Their dispatch times are a lot slower than they used to be – much more Wiggle-esque. I’m sure it’s a ploy to try and get you to cough up for priority dispatch. Long gone are the days for stuff turning up the next day if ordered at a sensible time.

Gilles

Well I stopped using Wiggle because they were using ParcelForce. Now CRC is using them. Sounds like the next move is Merlin.

Kahurangi

I’d expect that CRC might refund you the next day delivery if you were polite.

My recent experience was quite positive – I wanted some new tyres urgently so paid the £3 for priority dispatch on a Sunday night. They tyres overtook my Friday night order, were processed and out on Monday morning.

I was a happy chappie even though I never did fit the tyres!

nickfrog
    Free Member

Ah, ah, fair comments, it’s not the end of the world indeed, to try and emulate the binary reactions to my (admitedly a bit puerile) post.

Just very annoying when there seems to be a significant drop in service levels of late at CRC confirmed here and within my riding group.

I am off on holiday Sat AM 6.00 so I don’t particularly want my stuff, including a frame, to be out in the world of logistics for a week, hence, logically, paying for next day guaranteed (in CRC’s words) delivery. I even allowed for a buffer day (today).

It is CRC’s fault/responsibility as my contract is with them, not PF.
    Refunding the £5 is a given but that really doesn’t solve the issue.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Call me paranoid, but I would’nt advertise the fact I’m going on holiday on the internet.

ton

I have just had a very large parcel delivered by parcelforce. delivered 2 days after ordering.
    the bastards never even emailed me to tell me it was coming.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Either the driver is trying to cover a mistake in not delivering to you, or someone at the depot is trying to cover a mistake in not giving the parcel to the driver to take out, IMO.

The PDA scan of the parcel should show where the parcel was scanned and had failed delivery inputted.

retro83
    Free Member

Parcelforeskin

nice

DezB
    Free Member

I love the cool guys on here who never get angry about anything. It must be like having no personality or something. So cool.

CRC and Wiggle may be the same co, but Wiggle use DPD – I’ve just got a text giving the 1 hour window in which my delivery (ordered yesterday) will arrive. 🙂 (I didn’t smile really, I’m dead inside)

legend
    Free Member

but Wiggle use DPD

Wiggle also use Yodel.

DezB
    Free Member

DPD for next day…(as OP’s complaint)?

legend
    Free Member

True, still worth knowing just in case you think you’re in safe hands if you don’t click that box

ton

I love the cool guys on here who never get angry about anything

yeah, you should have been here a minute ago…….bastard sandwich woman forgot to put tommy sauce on my bacon and mushroom sarnie.
    boy did I let here have it……….. 😡

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah! That’s what I’m tawking about

funkmasterp

I love the cool guys on here who never get angry about anything. It must be like having no personality or something. So cool.

I save all my rage up for dealing with broken white goods or the epic argumentative threads over on the chat forum.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Well, they’ve lost the parcels but I have sauce in my sandwich so all OK I suppose.
    CRC asked me to contact PF to investigate, hey why not ?
    Spent a bit of time on the phone with two 2 different PF offices/depot. They’ll call me back when they find it.

But hey, mistakes happen. No one is hurt, that’s the main thing.

Guaranteed next day delivery.

honourablegeorge

I don’t think Ive ever had mushrooms in a sandwich.

I need to rectify that. Not with tomato etchup though, urgh.

funkmasterp

Guaranteed next day delivery

Did it say where though? 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Mushrooms in a sandwich? Now THAT would make me bloody angry. Ooh.

andy10011
    Free Member

Sup boys

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Don’t shop at CRC go to your LBS instead? Problem solved!

TiRed

Do DPD deliver parcels or just notices saying they called? Stayed in all day waiting for a “next day delivery”. Nobody knocked but they did take a photo of my front door and leave an unsigned calling card. I presume this is a ruse to get around faster and leave the delivery for someone else? At least my delivery charge was refunded by the retailer.

No -17 degree stem though for tomorrow 🙁 . And before you ask, my LBS doesn’t have them, and I’ve just walked into town and back to spent £80 with them on other things.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Parcelfarce and CRC’ is closed to new replies.