Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Parcelfarce
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

Brilliant – expecting delivery of an acoustic bass for you youngest lad.
    PF van pulls up outside the office under my window.
    Delivery driver opens rear doors and proceeds to fling parcels around inside the van.
    Some big ones going the full length of a MB Sprinter sized van.
    He comes upstairs and then gets a bit huffy when I make him wait whilst I check the packaging for holes and dents, then check the guitar inside before signing for it.
    Brilliant service, your parcels in their hands!! 🙄
    Fortunately all good inside the box.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Fortunately all good inside the box.

Last parcel I sent with them, the box didn’t even survive, let alone the stuff inside. Never again.

edlong
    Free Member

Buy from a local music shop rather than mail order / internet?

Avoids parcel couriers (they’re all pretty bad at times) and supports local business, double win.

Northwind

Parcelforce still the second best courier IMO, after DPD.

Sandwich

The driver may not have been directly employed as they now sub out some routes to third parties. The vans usually have the contractors name on them somewhere. (These lads usually do the rural routes).

logical
    Free Member

I always use Hermes if I have a choice. Never had a problem with them.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

edlong – Member

Avoids parcel couriers (they’re all pretty bad at times) and supports local business, double win.

Direct purchase from the manufacturer in this case.
    Normally support the little music shop in Buxton if ever we need anything – great shop and really nice people.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Parcelforce attempted delivery of 2 Islabikes for my kids today. I was out so he posted a card saying he would try again before 4.
    Nice of him, I thought. The girls were certainly pleased they got their bikes for the weekend

andyl
    Free Member

What if the local store has the stuff shipped by courier to them from the manufacturer? 😉

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Only ever had positive experience dealing with P.Force & DPD & UPS.

That was in the days of “corporate account support”.

Goodness knows how the general public get anything anywhere with the new Yodel takeover.

And UKMAIL/B.Post/FedEx. Bad show.

davewilson634
    Free Member

Stick to inter parcel and ups

deft
    Free Member

DPD are really good, get texts in the morning with a 15 minute slot and they are always dead on – even if it’s for later in the afternoon. With Parcel Force it seems to alternate between a friendly bloke and a well looked after parcel, or a surly bloke in a rented transit who hands you a crushed box reeking of fags.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Also, DPD have excellent accountability re driver tracing and “consignment sustainability”.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

You think the drivers are bad, you want to see what goes on in the sorting depots….
    Watching boxes which say “denon” being chucked 30ft into cages, etc.
    Best line I heard. One guy picks up a box, turns to mate and says “what does fra_gee_lee mean.”
    Yep, fragile.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmm Parcel Force……

10-06-2013 16:34 IOW Received at delivery depot
    10-06-2013 08:26 IOW Loaded to vehicle for delivery
    10-06-2013 08:25 IOW Received at delivery depot
    07-06-2013 23:15 National Hub Received and processed
    07-06-2013 18:22 Tonbridge Depot Forwarded for processing
    07-06-2013 10:41 Tonbridge Depot Collected from customer

Being delivered to my work address, which was open and staffed from 08:00 – 16:00. No attempts at delivery, now back at the depot and not moved since yesterday.
    No response to my “contact us” message.
    Monkeys.
    Glad its nothing urgent though……

Cougar

I’ve had a few deliveries from DPD recently. Pleasantly surprised at their timekeeping and the delivery guy was courteous, can’t fault them.

Worst one locally is Yodel, their idea of delivery is to abandon it somewhere in the same postcode and hope for the best.

rocketman
    Free Member

Must admit DPD’s service takes some beating.

Frequent tracking updates, delivery to a neighbour, 1 hour delivery slot, emails & texts they even tell you the driver’s name!

oarsum

Cougar

Funny name for a driver.

DezB
    Free Member

How can you choose which courier the people you buy from use??!

GrahamS

Try CityLink instead:

bigyinn
    Free Member

How bizzare, despite my parcel being listed as at the depot, it turned up 20 mins ago and then updated as delivered.
    Tracking system clearly is bent.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Parcelfarce’ is closed to new replies.