Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Parcel2go + TNT = Useless Idiocy! are there any good courier companies left?
  • woffle
    Free Member

What I want, are my questions answered, I could have used another courier service and the packages would have been there by now.

I’m not so sure about that. Can’t defend Parcels2Go customer service, or lack of it, seems like they can’t deal with the amount of problems caused by the weather, but I think the problems stem from issues with the carriers, not the middleman ie. Parcels2Go. You’d be on the phone to TNT / Fedex / Parcelfarce had you booked it yourself and I’d be willing to bet that your experience of service wouldn’t be wholly dissimilar to that you’re having now…

poly
    Free Member

Parcel2go are one of only 2 companies on our company’s “disapproved vendor list”! After DHL, on their behalf, failed to collect 3 days in a row each day saying they had called but nobody was in (at a business premises which was open 8am-6.30pm). Might have been DHLs fault but P2G weren’t interested in helping, accused us of lying, and refused to provide the information required so I could talk to DHL direct. When on day 3 the customer service person refused to contact DHL at 16:45 because collection was scheduled upto 5pm “hung up” on me because it was 5.15pm and he wasn’t getting paid any more they basically terminated their relationship with us!

We spend about £3-4k a year on shipping and now use Interparcel (www.interparcel.com) who offer a similar brokerage service but have, in our experience, been much better at sorting problems when they occasionally occur. Even at this level of business its not really worth our while having accounts direct with couriers.

kaesae
    Free Member

Exactly, they have no customer service at all, they are so big they just don’t have to care.

I will not use this company again, I deal with most of the major courier companies in this country and throughout europe.

I deal with parcelforce and interparcel on a regular basis, I have never come across such beligerent incompentence or lack of any organisation.

Everything from the emails they send you containing innacurate info, to the chat facility that is completely under staffed.

If they do not know that TNT cannot collect the packages, they are incompetent, if they do know and are taking the money anyway, they are simply beligerent.

You might save a couple of £££’s, but if anything goes wrong and it does a lot, you can expect to be left in the lurch!

parcel2go SUCK!

nicolaisam
    Free Member

We use Interlink at my work.
    Approx 40 parcels a day,and no problems.

kolorworx
    Free Member

i’ve the same problem i even called their 0844 no while waiting for the online help started the queue at no 11 got to no 1 after 18 mins only to get a recrded msg “all of our operators are busy goodbye”, i’ve started a paypal claim just really to bring to paypals attention that parcels2go are taking money under false pretense as they know full well that the collections will not take place on the times they say, i called dhl who said if i book through them direct the colection would take priority bloody madness.

kaesae
    Free Member

It’s bullshit I still don’t have a confirmation email that they are processing my refund.

Could do without it really!

geoffj

Luckily I used PayPal, and so I’m not too concerned about the refund procedure. I’ve already opened a dispute with them. Defo worth the extra 2% IMHO.

transporter13
    Free Member

im having problem’s with p2g at the moment too….tried to get a frame picked up in fife on wdnesday with hdnl…still no bloody collection….tempted to use senditnow as it basically parcelforce thats cheaper…but unsure whether their gauranteed next day before midday service will work so close to christmas 😕

geoffj

transporter – where abouts are you? HDNL’s depot is in Glenrothes, could you drop it off?

transporter13
    Free Member

im in kettering, down in middle earth :oops:…i didnt order the courier..the guy who kindly picked the frame up for me did….are they snowed under up there?

kaesae
    Free Member

Still no refund! this company is a complete joke! I’m going to wait until friday and if my money hasn’t been refunded I’m giving them what for again.

Anyone using this company, be very careful they are without a doubt shifty!

nix666
    Free Member

I am genuinely shocked at how TNT have dealt with my parcel.
    The parcel arrived at the depot it wasn’t scanned.
    Was then put back onto a trailer, again wasn’t scanned.
    Obviously it would have reached the main hub, still wasn’t scanned.
    For goodness sake this is a courier company and they should know
    that people put trust in them and send out quite valuable items,
    Security should be of the utmost importance.
    some items are irreplacecable and this utter negligence.

I have spoken to TNT security several times. All they have done is
    send out an email to all the depots which has come back as negative
    and they have asked me to file a claim. Since the contents were not
    insured they don’t seem interested in pursuing this matter any further.
    It’s their loss also as I will never again be using TNT, and if the parcel
    is not found, will also stop using Parcel2go, more so because of blatant
    disregard for someones property.

TNT has my package on camera, so they say, being loaded off the van
    and then back onto a trailer.
    The box is a very large box and is easily identifiable as it is covered
    by brown packaging tape on all sides. So what has happened to it?
    Which hub was it sent to TNT hasn’t got a clue.
    Why not check it on camera at the main hub?
    How can it just disappear. Why wasn’t it scanned or tracked at any stage.
    I have sent a few parcels previously through TNT and none of them were
    trackable. I thought it a bit strange. I also asked parcel2go for TNT tracking
    numbers which again were not trackable.
    So is not parcel2go equally responsible for such shoddy service and if
    they know there is a problem why not treat this matter with utmost urgency.
    Other cariers provide full tracking details so why not TNT.

They say I should have taken out insurance but I wasn’t expenting my
    parcel to go missing due to TNT not even bothered to scan the parcel.
    If the circumstances in which the parcel was lost were different I would
    have taken it in my stride but I feel TNT is utterly responsible as they
    are not providing tracking details and for a courier company with a reputation
    as TNT I feel this is shocking.

takisawa2

Got to buck the trend I’m afraid. Have used p2g lots of times, never had a problem. Not sure who, but someone told me to opt for the cheapo DHL option if it on, cant remember the name, Yodel or something like that. Its worked out fine every time.

ericemel
    Free Member

DHL every time

Though DHL sold their domestic business, now Yodel

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Parcel2go + TNT = Useless Idiocy! are there any good courier companies left?’ is closed to new replies.