Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Parcel Tracking – mini rantette
  • antigee

actually i can’t be @rsed to rant – this is just pathetic

don’t know if this US ignorance of foreign lands or the usual vagueness of Auspost

There is a cattle ranch in SA that is bigger than Belgium I might ask them to check were my parcel is – better chance of sensible info

Edit – do actually live in Australia so I suppose should be thankful – I remember a US colleague shipping a parcel to Frankfurt because it was near to London – on the scale of things possibly reasonable but ineffective like this tracking update

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s more a Aus Post issue I think, most of my USPS goes to Aus Post which has a really pathetic tracking system anyway. Basically it’s no longer an USPS tracked item (you need to pay more for a fully tracked service)
    It will be with you at some point, be glad your not on an island which adds 1-3 days onto postage. Oh and nothing moves after Friday so unless it’s on the road I’d guess Tuesday delivery.

tomhoward

Sorry, it’s late here so I may have missed something, from that pic it looks like you ordered something from somewhere half way around the world away, on a Sunday, and are saying it’s pathetic that you don’t have it in your hand the following Thursday? Really?

Or is it pathetic that you can’t pinpoint it’s exact location, other than somewhere between Sydney and your house, wherever that is? Again, really?

Has the Internet ruined us?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I think it’s the increasing vagueness.

It goes from being in “Sydney, AUSTRALIA”, to just a sort facility in “AUSTRALIA“. So it’s unclear whether it’s actually making any progress.

A zen approach to parcel delivery is the only way though… 🙂

antigee

cheers Mike – in centralish Melbourne so final trip pretty short – though the floor of local PO is sometimes just littered with parcels and standard procedure is poke around and claim!

on a Sunday, and are saying it’s pathetic that you don’t have it in your hand the following Thursday? Really?

custom made ordered several weeks ago

Or is it pathetic that you can’t pinpoint it’s exact location, other than somewhere between Sydney and your house, wherever that is? Again, really?

yes – offered as a service, but a service that provides the customer with useless information adds no value to the process

Has the Internet ruined us?

some people

BigDummy
    Free Member

custom made ordered several weeks ago

I want to know what it is now!

🙂

antigee

I want to know what it is now!

clue: not in the bike forum so not really worthy of interest

competition flowrider board for smallest antigee
    2nd one – first one lost in shipping 🙁
    no one here makes them or imports them and you have to deal with surf dudes in California and shipping stuff out is random

mikewsmith
    Free Member

on a Sunday, and are saying it’s pathetic that you don’t have it in your hand the following Thursday? Really?

Anywhere out of the US that is easy to do and should be expected. Should be no more than 36hrs Europe to Australia and then 48hrs to get to the destination.
    2 days sat in a depot in Sydney is fairly crap too.
    I had 4 bikes shipped UK to Oz (Tasmania) 6 days door to door.

The US stuff goes from depot to depot normally before it leaves the US.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Parcel Tracking – mini rantette’ is closed to new replies.