Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Parcel size restriction when sending forks
  • rsl1
    Free Member

Hi, I’ve boxed up my forks to send off for a service but I’m struggling to find any delivery services that will take a parcel long enough, most are restricted to 60x60x60 ish. My parcel measures up at 78x22x10 – any recommendations?
    I’m looking for a drop off type service because I can’t hand the package to a driver whilst I’m at work. I suspect I’m just going to have to go to the post office and suck up the high price?

Tracey

If you are using Parcel Force you can get a discount card from the Post Office counter that gives a discount on every parcel. There is a code on the card for using the first time and then it needs registering. You may need to ask for it as some post offices don’t seem to know about it

yacoby
    Free Member

I used myhermes last time.

CraigW
    Free Member

It would probably fit diagonally within a 60x60x60 box.

smurfly13
    Free Member

My Hermes take packages up to 120cm, and can drop off

tjagain

however with hermes its very much a lottery if it gets there

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Now then, I think it’s called parcels2go or something similar. I managed to send a 23kg 1300mm long tow bar to the far end of the country for just over £10.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Parcel Force did the job on my frame and wheels, I think I’ve sent forks via MyHermes as well.

rsl1
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice all, ended up sneaking out to the post office and using parcelforce for roughly the same amount as all the parcel2go firms. Their 24 hour service was more like 50 hours though…

frankconway

Good choice; I’ve recently used parcelforce twice – 29er forks and then a 29er wheelset; leeds to london both times.
    Choice of delivery options, reliable tracking system and insurance options; would recommend and use them again.
    If they didn’t meet the specified delivery – so if you paid for next day but they failed – then you are entitled to refund of carriage cost. If you didn’t specifically select one of their delivery options, they will have applied their standard delivery as default; that is about 3 days.

km79
    Free Member

Weren’t they the ones binning people shocks due to being pressurised?

walla24
    Free Member

http://www.parcel2go.com
    Always the cheapest, myhermes 48 hour service is currently running at 100% delivery rate for me after 138 parcels!

I gave up with Royal Fail when their delivery rate dropped past 80%

Northwind

tjagain – Member

however with hermes its very much a lottery if it gets there

I’ve posted over a thousand parcels with myhermes and received hundreds, total failure rate of 4. And in the event of nondelivery, they pay out quickly and without stress.

I’d be checking in with them first about possibly proscribed goods, though, don’t know where they stand on “gas canisters”

walla24
    Free Member

[quote]in the event of nondelivery, they pay out quickly and without stress.[/quote]

if you book through parcel2go theres a very helpful team who can sort it all out for you

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Parcel size restriction when sending forks’ is closed to new replies.