• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Parcel Monkey won't ship bike tyres
  • molgrips
    Free Member

FFS. How utterly stupid.

Can anyone think of any possible reason for this, other than simply being shit?

footflaps

Other couriers are available…

bearnecessities

Did you describe them as Rocket Rons?

molgrips
    Free Member

And if you put in ‘bicycle components’ it complains because ‘assembled bicycles’ are on the list. It’s just a keyword search. How utterly shit.

zilog6128

If you pay peanuts…

kayla1
    Free Member

I use http://www.postagesupermarket.com

Parcel Monkey sucks balls.

Northwind

I’m using Myhermes currently. They have a pretty high rate of losing stuff tbh, they’ve lost 3 parcels for me out of about 200. But I’ve had quick, uncomplicated payouts each time so that takes the sting out of it.

bland

Hermes do seem to be improving and they give £50 insurance, use a broker like parcel2go and they give you £10 insurance on the same service the cheeky barstewards. Check weights carefully when using Hermes direct as they will get you, if you want to fudge the weight use parcel2go as it doesnt come back to you for some reason

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Myhermes have taken tyres for me on multiple occasions, no problems.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Also worth saying, I’ve also sent bike tyres via Parcel Monkey without issues. Are you certain they are not allowed? The only item on their exclusion list related to bikes is “unboxed bicycles”, which is understandable. It will pop up a warning that you might have prohibited items in the delivery when you type bicycle in the contents box, but it shouldn’t stop you continuing the booking.

molgrips
    Free Member

Are you certain they are not allowed?

I put in ‘tyres’ and variations thereof, and it referred me to the banned items list which includes ‘tyres’. I could’ve proceeded but if their policy is no tyres of any kind in any state then they’d be able to refuse carriage and ebay them for their own pocket or something. Stupid policy though, probably aimed at car tyres.

In any case, order placed with My Hermes.

stumpy01

molgrips – Member

Can anyone think of any possible reason for this, other than simply being shit?

The reason for this is because the actually employ monkeys & we all know that monkeys love to swing on tyres hung in trees.
    The monkeys nick all the tyres & hang them up in the depot to swing about on.
    They have also don’t ship bananas, windscreen wipers and car aerials for similar reasons.

STATO
    Free Member

I wonder when Molgrips will realise they mean car tyres, same as wheels (car wheels).

molgrips
    Free Member

They do MEAN car tyres, clearly, but the policy just says tyres. It’s a poorly written policy but they can still enforce the letter of it.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

They do MEAN car tyres, clearly, but the policy just says tyres. It’s a poorly written policy but they can still enforce the letter of it.

Seems not, I was curious to find out more as I do have some tyres that need sent soon……

Jason
    All tyres are unfortunately

Having said that, I’m not sure how much I trust a “service agent” who signs off with.

Jason
    i do apologise that i could not offer more comforting words

DezB
    Free Member

Hang on. tenacious_doug is actually called Jason?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Parcel Monkey won't ship bike tyres’ is closed to new replies.