Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Parcel gone missing
  • SaxonRider

I ordered something handmade from Romania, and it was sent by Romanian post with a tracking number to my place of business. I started to get concerned at the time it was taking (8 days), so looked into yesterday armed with the tracking number.

Apparently, ParcelForce delivered it sometime last week, except that, while the delivery report says it was delivered to me, the signature on file is not mine, and I received no card through the business door telling me a) that it had been delivered at all, and b) where it was delivered to.

Now PF is supposed to be looking into it, but I haven’t heard anything back since yesterday afternoon other than a Twitter message telling me the depot was ‘still looking into it’.

WTF?!? How long can it take to ask the driver where he left the friggin’ parcel?!?

Any suggestions as to what recourse I will have, or what I might do at this stage?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

WTF?!? How long can it take to ask the driver where he left the friggin’ parcel?!?

I imagine that you are not the only person that they are dealing with.

SaxonRider

I imagine that you are not the only person that they are dealing with.

I should be. 🙁

EDIT: Seriously, though, the guy I spoke with yesterday said he would get back to me ‘in a few minutes’ because it was just a matter of calling the driver and asking him.

Spud

Had several recently at home like this, email/ text saying parcel been delivered. Get home, no card, and sometime later random neighbours pop over with item.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

How are you expecting the driver to remember where he left a parcel a week ago? They’ll have delivered hundreds of parcels since then and there’s nothing to make yours more memorable than anyone elses.

gonzy
    Free Member

had a similar issue with Amazon. ordered a watch for Gonzy Jr. first one arrived and was faulty. got refunded and DPD came and collected it. ordered another one…went 3 days past its delivery due date so i contacted amazon to be told the package has been lost.
    got a refund in vouchers and a bit extra as their way of saying sorry. ordered another one which finally did arrive on time and in full working order…2 weeks after Gonzy Jr’s birthday!!
    funny thing was because i got a refund…DPD then started to pester me to come and collect the watch i got the refund for…took them a while to realise i coudlnt return something i never actually received in the first place!

jimdubleyou

PF are not actually allowed to tell you where it was delivered – only the person sending it / paying for it can do that.

Had that when a parcel was delivered to number 34 instead of 134 but was a runaround trying to get that info.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

FedEx have delivered a large box from Walkers Shortbread this morning that I had sent to work.

Unfortunately they have delivered it to a different address, in a totally different town.

And as above, they won’t tell me where.

Everyone has SatNav these days; it’s not that hard, surely?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

In the past 6 months I have experienced this three times with the wing-footed ones. They lie, pure and simple. Stand firm, they admit it in the end – at least IME

SaxonRider

Thanks. My big concern is that the item was made for me. It can’t be replaced, and it’s not really insurable.

If ParcelForce can’t locate it, I’ll be very upset indeed.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Fingers crossed.

In my three exmples, the original came once…. stay hopeful

wrightyson
    Free Member

I ordered 40 quids of anker battery from Amazon. Said it was delivered “left with neighbour” when looking at the on line status. Never saw it. Amazon shrugged shoulders and sent another. No wonder the drivers can’t be arsed!

SaxonRider

I just returned from canvassing all the neighbours up and down the street. Now, there are still two or three that weren’t at home we can ask, but no one received a parcel on our behalf.

Go figure. I’m livid. Especially seeing as someone has signed for it, yet it says it was delivered to me.

theotherjonv

When ‘signed for’ isn’t there a print name box as well?

Had similar albeit with items of far less value at work one day. The office was adamant it had been signed for and delivered and refused to discuss despite their own tracking service showing it had been in a warehouse a few hundred miles away prior to delivery (clearly misdirected on the system somewhere)

in the end they refunded postage ‘for goodwill’

CheesybeanZ

Handmade especially for you in a mysterious eastern country,
    Is made of leather …..

thegreatape
    Free Member

Signed for in your name sounds like signed for by the postie to me.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Check any bushes, hedges, behind walls, bins, inside the bin!

I’d say almost certainly delivery guy signed for it himself. I see this so many times. Had it with Royal Mail (okay not PF) where tracked item is missing, ask them and they claim it’s delivered and signed for, so I ask for the signature but then they say they don’t have a record of the signature. Likewise sent a tracked letter to a company to prove they received it, they claimed it was delivered and signed, but no they can’t prove it was signed. As far as they’re concerned though if the system says signed then that’s the end of it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Don’t accept the signed for it line. The winged feet boys tried that each time with me and it was a lie

redstripe
    Free Member

I know our local PF driver well, he told me they have to be a lot stricter with deliveries and can’t leave anything unsigned for or with neighbours these days. In our area if no-one is in they leave a note & take the item to the local PO for you to pick up. If someone is in he also said they ask your name first when signing to enter manually on machine not the other way around e.g. are you Joe Bloggs. Reason for this is that he told me he got disciplined early in his carreer for turning up at a place, someone was on the driveway, asked if they were Joe Bloggs, bloke said yes, signed for it and item was handed over. A few days later real customer phones up asking where their laptop is, of course it was never seen again. Might be rare but said he was lucky to keep his job after that and certainly lesson learnt.

Good luck OP, hope you get it eventually whatever it is.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Parcel gone missing’ is closed to new replies.