Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Parcel Farce tracking not working?
  • granny_ring

Anyone else found this at the mo or do I need a stronger pair of bins to read the tracking number properly?

BoardinBob

Seems to take ages to appear on the PF website. It’ll only work after they’ve picked the parcel up from the supplier

spuddle
    Free Member

Mine keeps saying “We are currently unable to confirm that status of your parcel. Please check the number and try again.” am guessing its not been picked up yet

mark90
    Free Member

I have on occasion received the parcel before the tracking thingy worked 😐

granny_ring

Parcel should have been delivered on Friday as I’ve not heard from the buyer yet wanted to check it arrived.
    Last night their system wasn’t working properly.

Decided now I’ll only use them when I cant wait around for parcel collection from other couriers, who give a better tracking service!

robfury
    Free Member

I work for them. Could be dozens of reasons you can’t track it the normal one is that the senders printer is running out and the barcode can’t be scanned as too faint or bits missing. Then the loaders can’t be arsed to manually enter it. So it s not inputted on the system.

Or the drivers scanner is offline or the driver doesn’t have on and is using bullet cards or pods and he data isn’t inputted till about 7pm so tracking won’t be on system till then. Same for most companies. You hear about it more with Parcelforce as they deal with more parcels than the other companies

granny_ring

Thanks for possible answer Rob, but having paid a higher price I’d expect the tracking service to work.
    I’ve never had a problem with not being able to track PF, RM or any other couriers before now.

We’ll see what happens, all I need now is for the chap to say parcel hasn’t arrived….. 🙂

beagle
    Free Member

I think it’s working for me but historically takes a while to update – as posted above.

Slight hijack….Rob – recently sold an item on here where the buyer gave me the right address but totally wrong postcode I.e. his home address. They’re in the system, but are they likely to turn up at either? Which is more likely, do the deliveries go solely off a postcode or address?

robfury
    Free Member

It goes from the consignment number then postcode o may get delayed if the postcode is wrong. As will get loaded to route from postcode if it s wrong the driver will scan it as check address. The will get address checked that evening after driver gets back. So may be delayed a day or two

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Parcel Farce tracking not working?’ is closed to new replies.