Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Paranormalists/IT Geeks/Electricians – Help please.
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

What’s going on here then?

When I turn the main lights on in my workplace, my computer crashes. It completely freezes, then restarts with a ‘your computer ran into a problem’ message.

It’s a laptop, Lenovo, W8.1, perennially plugged in as the battery is crap. The lights are those florescent tubes. Incidentally, it will also crash if I unplug my USB audio interface which is always plugged in.

So, obvs the most rational explanation is GHOSTS. But – could there be another, more stranger reason?

scruff9252

Sounds like Aliens to me. Or your computer caught caught cat aids.

footflaps

Duff laptop by the sounds of it…

Fluorescent tubes will add a load of noise to the mains supply, but laptop PSU should just filer that out.

plyphon
    Free Member

Sounds like the battery pack is spiking/surging/doing something with magic and it’s tripping out the motherboard/CPU.

matt_outandabout

Did the laptop have a crystal egg next to it?

Without that the negative vibes from lights being changed would have caused the flux converter to hit instant warp and fold up gravity.

stom86
    Free Member

Sounds like a mains noise problem to me as well. How many lights are being switched on at once?

Some kinda extra mains filter might deal with the problem. A UPS (Uninterruptible power supply) is more likely to be a reliable solution. However this would be a bit overkill for your usage.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Paranormalists/IT Geeks/Electricians – Help please.’ is closed to new replies.