• This topic has 27 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Paranormal Activity (film )
  • oldfart

Is this going to be the new Blair Witch Project ?The hype seems to be pointing that way .Apparently Spielberg had to stop watching after 30 mins too scarey ,Susanna Reid managed 35 mins (steady ! )
    Daughter said a couple she knows saw it last night (pre release )and the woman walked out after 30 od mins she was in the foyer with a "sketched out " look on her face .

TenMen
    Free Member

I've just seen it, and enjoyed it. But it was like a remake of the 'Blair Witch', just set in a house instead.

jedi

i saw it yesterday. i liked it

samuri
    Free Member

A chap at work gave me a cut of this. I must be missing something. Fairly dull. I suppose it works best if you believe it's real…which it's clearly not.

jedi

its a film!

Drac

Yup I reckon it'll be another Blair Witch, dull not scary and predictable. Still the guy has made millions so good for him.

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah, exactly Tony. But I expected it to be good fun too, which is what I want from films, but it didn't really deliver for me.

I agree with Drac though, good luck to the chap who made it.

jedi

i prefered it to blair witch.
    was fun being in a cinema with people shitting it 🙂 🙂

TenMen
    Free Member

For me, the golden rule of watching horror films is – did it spook the missus so much that when we went to bed she needed special 'consoling'? And on that level, it was a complete success 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So someone walks out saying it is too scary. I wonder how much the film company paid them to front their PR campaign?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

(or, as it was Speilberg and he doesn't need the money, who is he mates with/sleeping with who is connected to the film)?

Gilles

Blair Witch project: dull and predictable. Well, I still haven't understood the end.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Blair Witch project: dull and predictable. Well, I still haven't understood the end.

The explanation for the ending is earlier on in the film.

zaskar
    Free Member

Terrible and boring!

tinribz
    Free Member

Thought it was OK, didn't find out till afterwards it cost $11k to make, that means anyone could have tried. Sort of explains why a pair of 20 somethings lived in a rather frumpy house, it was the director's. First budget film in a long time it wasn't obvious and I watched all the way through.

Note to other independent film makers – less actors is better, stick to real life and the present so there no dodgy homemade costumes, yes I mean you The Hunt For Gollum makers.

BigDummy
    Free Member

In fairness, The Hunt For Gollum just wouldn't have been the same if they'd set it all in a 2-bed semi in the outskirts of Slough in 2007… 😉

(But I agree, you saw why LOTR got oscars for its wigs).

starseven
    Free Member

The only reason people walked out of this movie is cos its boring.

simonralli2
    Free Member

The Blair Witch Project was awesome, especially the ending as the kids early on hear stories about how the witch would put them in a corner before killing them. The last thing you see is one of them in a corner and then the film goes dead…… That for some people I guess is the lasting image they have as they leave the cinema. For some reason a friend of mine missed all the hype, went to see it and thought it was real – she couldnt sleep for a week.

I am a bit suspicious of the Speilbertg stories – another one says he watched it then he found a door in his house locked from the inside. Probably a great bit of viral hype, but the marketing seems to have worked and good on him for being able to produce a big hit on such a low budget. For me CGI just doesnt work as it always seems to look like computer graphics, maybe with one or two exceptions, but the blockbuster effects just jar with me.

Drac

I agree the best bit of the Blair Witch was the ending, I remember thinking Thank **** for that.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I haven't seen this film, but i did see Blair Witch

its worth remembering that both films were very low budget to make, but had many millions of dollars thrown at them in marketing. without the marketing, no hit.

the downside is in both cases what are decent horror movies are let down when you actually see them by the weight of expectation – its like you sit down in the cinema with your arms folded thinking "come on then, scare me – your supposed to be the scariest film of all time"

toxicsoks
    Free Member

BWP was a massive let down, after all the hype. I agree with Drac, the best bit was the end. Most people I know that saw it wandered out of the cinema scowling and muttering 'What the **** was that?'. 😉

bigbloke
    Free Member

I was one of those What the **** was that when i came out of BWP, still can't be bothered with trying to work it out. It had way too much hype.

Drac

Ignoring the hype it was still a shite film.

Dancake
    Free Member

I was in love about 30 minutes in..not with the film but with the lead actress. Film was ok

mrmojo
    Free Member

The version of Paranormal Activity I downloaded and watched has a different ending from the movie hitting the flic's. there was 3 different endings shot wont post the ending obvious reasons.

jedi

cinema ending is very good

samuri
    Free Member

Speaking of films that are supposed to be real. I came home fromwork late one night to find my parents watching a film (although it was made in a real life news style) about a set of terrorists holding a nuclear bomb in a building in a city in America. Because I missed the start I got in, sat down and thought it was completely real.

The terrorists detonated the bomb and destroyed Chicago or somewhere big like that.

I was completely gobsmacked…… My mum got up and asked my dad if he wanted a cup of tea…..GAH!

jedi

thats team america! 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Paranormal Activity (film )’ is closed to new replies.