Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Paranoia and tin foil hats.
  • Xylene
    Free Member

I while back, while I was living at my folks flat in a posh converted stately home, I got myself into a strange state of mind.

I had been living there for about a year with the missus and all had been fine, we had mobile phone signal all around the house and my wireless singal from my router was strong all through the place.

It was a smallish two bedroom ground floor flat, in part of the new build.

About a year ago, a CID officer moved in a few doors down and the people upstairs moved out and new people moved in.

At this exact point, we lost mobile phone signal in the house in all but right up against the window. My wireless router dropped to one or two bars at the back and was still only mid level near it.

I became convinced it was upstairs blocking the signal or the CID man spying on me.

We moved out about three months ago, but still get mail delivered there, so pop around to pick it up and check the place is ok.

Since moving out the upstairs neighbour also moved out as well as the CID man. My phone signal is back up to full and the internet which is still running with router is back to full.

Was it my imaginiation that they were there stopping me communicate and spying on me, or could there genuinely have been mobile phone jammers and spies around?

bassspine
    Free Member

maybe the sinister neighbours and the CID man were more closely connected, and you were lucky enough to be in the middle…

billybob
    Free Member

If I were you I wouldn’t sleep too deeply tonight – cos I reckon you’ll be rudely awakened & tomorrow you won’t exist anymore, neither will this thread….

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Surely if they wanted to see what you where up to, then the last thing they would do would be to disable the way you communicate…

Afterall, surely, thats what they where interested in??

Xylene
    Free Member

^ I don’t know…..why I got all worried.

Why would I suddenly go from full signal to none and have my wireless interfered with.

They must have been up to something.

loddrik
    Free Member

scaredypants

If I were you I wouldn’t sleep too deeply tonight – cos I reckon you’ll be rudely awakened & tomorrow you won’t exist anymore, neither will this thread….

LOL – I was just thinking along the same lines, wouldn’t it have been great if one of the mods had tampered with the thread ?

molgrips
    Free Member

One of the neighbours probably had an electrical appliance with a fault, that produced lots of radio frequency noise. Fridge, perhaps.

LycraLout
    Free Member

I know about this sort of thing. What’s been going on here is tha

molgrips
    Free Member

Nice.. I see what you did there… 🙂

CountZero

If you found out about the surveillance they’d have to kill you. Or disappear you.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Hmmm, Dr Yeti here. I think I know what’s going on…
    I prescribe,
    Lots of high grade dope… and I mean LOTS! Then watch the Truman Show.
    Repeat nightly for a month.

You’ll be fine.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

or the CID man spying on me.

The most likely explanation I reckon. He probably gave up when you moved out…….. hence he also moved out.

You’ve got to wonder how much this failed criminal investigation will end up costing the taxpayer…….buying the flat, removal costs, etc etc.

If I were you Quirrel, I wouldn’t stay at your new address too long. And try to notice if any new residents move into your street – keep an eye out for removal vans.

BTW, what you been up to……..unpaid parking fines ? no TV licence ?

CountZero

Was it my imaginiation that they were there stopping me communicate and spying on me

If you’ve done nothing wrong you’ve nothing to fear. You don’t have to worry about the pinhead cameras they installed while you were out.

Xylene
    Free Member

I called Orange and O2 as well, to ask if they had lowered the signal in that area or knew any reason that it would have dropped.
    They hadn’t and laughed about the drop in signal.

Made me wonder if they had one of these or similar

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8758
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.47175

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Paranoia and tin foil hats.’ is closed to new replies.