Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Paramo Ciclo or Quito or something else?
  • ontor
    Free Member

Considering either of these as a new waterproof to replace a very old montane jacket and velez smock. Anyone got any experience of them? or in STW style, want to suggest something else?

thekettle
    Free Member

I’ve been using the ciclo since the autumn, it’s great in cooler weather and when moving slowly or doing stop-start riding, bombproof as your velez is no doubt. The fabric is lighter than usual Paramo but still about the same thermally as a base layer + conventional waterproof. Only thing I don’t like about it is the hood, which I’d remove given the choice since I never use it.
    I tend to run warm and don’t use waterproofs at all from April-September (in the Lakes).

ontor
    Free Member

Cool – thanks for that.

BadlyWiredDog

I’ve used a Ciclo as well. It’s sized quite big, so you might need to go down a size on your normal, otherwise it’s quite decent, long-ish sleeves, pronounced drop tail and vents as well. For me it’s a little warm for anything much above freezing point, but if you already use a Velez you’ll know about that already.

I didn’t find the hood a big issue and it fits under a helmet if it’s proper cold. Of the Paramo jackets, it’s probably the one that works best on a bike though I found the mountaineering Enduro jacket does the job too but more as a deep winter sort of thing.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve had a Quito since whenever they came out, must be four or five years. Pretty tough jacket. Obviously too hot for summer, but from here on in I’ll be wearing it on the bike when it’s rainy or below 10. Pit zips from elbow to bottom rib if required. Quite a simple jacket for Paramo. Lighter than the Ciclo going by the website.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Paramo Ciclo or Quito or something else?’ is closed to new replies.