Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Paramedic and patient sadly dead in ambulance crash today
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-22309545

On the same day that numerous emergency services where called to a serious RTC on the m62 resulting in one fatality and numerous injuries.

Can we all say thankyou to the emergency services for the work they do, and offer condolances to the families of those involved.

And just perhaps fellow drivers slow down a few miles per hour, allow more stopping space and report dangerous or drunk drivers before they kill.

restless
    Free Member

I saw this at work today.
    Working in ambulance control, albeit not this county, certainly makes you think.

I would not have liked to get that call.

allthepies
    Free Member

😥

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    notlocal
    Free Member

🙁

anagallis_arvensis

Thats awful

noteeth
    Free Member

Dreadful. I worked at SGH for a few years – the lads and lasses from SCAmb & Soton A+E are a great bunch. 😥

Karinofnine

how awful, sad news

althepal

Noteeth, when did you leave? I used to be just round the back of the suffrin but am now up at l/dale with the rest of my colleagues..
    Canny beat SGN doctors coffee on nightshift.
    Don’t know the circs but its horrible for all those concerned.

Drac

Thoughts with the families and colleagues of the victims. It happened up here a good fews years ago and was an unpleasant shock for us all back then, terrible stuff.

Seen the news when I was at work and soon after went out on a call driving at high speeds for over 30 miles to get to a call, the standard of some on the road and how they respond to us or indeed don’t never fails to amaze me.

1981miked
    Free Member

Very sad news.

Work related deaths are always very tragic, it always makes me think how luck I am to get home safely after a week on the road driving my lorry.

That woman would have left for work after saying bye to her family, probably phoned or txt somebody at some point saying how much they were looking forward to getting finished or that they would be late as they had to nip to the shops etc..

Then this happens and that person is NEVER coming home.. I wouldn’t even know where or how to start dealing with that.

Happened to a boy my wife knew, worked with forestry machinery and something went wrong.. Killed instantly.

Another guy was putting a ladder on the roof of his transit, lost his footing and fell hitting his head, he was conscious and saying how daft he felt when the Ambulance arrived, they put him in an induced coma to prevent any brain damage.. He never woke up and they switched the life support machines off a week later. That was hard to deal with!

Be careful out there folks, look after and cherish you family and friends. Life is to short.

My thoughts go out to the families involved.

racefaceec90

🙁 my condolences to their friends/families.

Bunnyhop

A couple of years ago I was driving along a busy road, on hearing an ambulance behind, I carried on driving but pulled a little further into the side of the road. Next minute the young girl behind me beeps her horn and overtakes me, just as the ambulance was coming up behind us.
    What an idiot. I can only imagine she had her music blaring out and had no idea of what was going on around her.

Anyway, I really don’t think people care about others around them or their driving actions and the what the consequences could be.

Thoughts are with the family and friends of the driver and patient.

hora
    Free Member

Thank you. Thats all I will say. You lived a just life.

Thank you and rest well.

project
    Free Member

Seen the news when I was at work and soon after went out on a call driving at high speeds for over 30 miles to get to a call, the standard of some on the road and how they respond to us or indeed don’t never fails to amaze me

What is the correct procedure, the one i always use is indicate left and pull in if safe, but as above you get some muppet trying to overtake you, if on the bike as above but raise left arm so they know youve stopped

Drac

The correct procedure is pretty much just move to the side but also judge the gap we have to overtake, sometimes slowing down makes it worse other times speeding up does. Remember there’s you, the ambulance, other road users and other hazards.

althepal

Stopping at the side, or worse in the middle of the road can be dangerous..
    Especially if oncoming traffic decides to do the same thing at roughly the point in the road.

Drac

Hence my point of judging the gap, anyway this thread isn’t the best place to discuss this.

althepal

Indeed mate. Fair point.

gordimhor

Sad news

noteeth
    Free Member

Noteeth, when did you leave?

I left SGH in 2011. I used to work in SAU (i.e. we took all the surgical admissions from A+E/GPs). I’d finish a shift, and then go riding in Lordswood. Happy days.

Thoughts with all those involved.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Paramedic and patient sadly dead in ambulance crash today’ is closed to new replies.