Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Paralympic closing ceremony, ruined by Coldplay concert :-/
  • Kryton57

Too long, its not about them. But on the bright side, it can only get betterer eh?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I thought it was quite fitting that Coldplay performed since their singer, Chris Martin, is autistic.

Nobby

Could’ve been One Direction. :-/

sc-xc

I thought it was quite fitting that Coldplay performed since their singer, Chris Martin, is autistic.

…and deaf, by the sound of things.

Kryton57

davidtaylforth – Member

But 45 mins, and 2 minutes for the paralympic orchestra. C’mon…..

yossarian
    Free Member

…and deaf, by the sound of things.

He does have noise induced hearing loss actually.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Brazillians to the rescue.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Jay Z is coming on soon!

PrinceJohn

Ian Dury was disabled it didn’t stop him writing & performing good music so what’s Chris Martin’s excuse?

mt
    Free Member

I aint no fan of them but it was great you sad sacks, now off to bed with you.

Kryton57

randomjeremy – Member
    Jay Z is coming on soon!

Hopefully very soon, I need to be in Manchester for work at 10 (from London).

Hold on. I’ve just heard Coldplay are coming back? WTF? What for, have they paid for the event or something?

Northwind

I saw Coldplay back in 2000, at the Edinburgh Venue, they were dull as ditchwater. But were coheadlining with a band called Terris who I tipped for greatness. Go me…

I do quite like some of their stuff to be fair, Fix You is a pretty well fabricated tune. Though perhaps not suitable for the paralympics.

Kryton57

….. they were dull as ditchwater…….

Nothings changed then…

nealglover
    Free Member

What a shocker. STW moaners moaning about something popular.

Kryton57

Coldplay are popular? 😯

PrinceJohn

What a shocker. STW moaners moaning about something popular.

You didn’t see the main Olympics opening ceremony thread then?

The thing about Coldplay is they’re just soooo boring & safe musically, even one erection are more edgey.

druidh
    Free Member

Bear
    Free Member

It’s not about Coldplay. It’s about a moment, an event that has been a real celebration for the country.

People have largely embraced it and there has been a general feel good factor so I say we start a campaign to mark the Olympics so that we are reminded of how we all felt and to bring us back together. Maybe mark it with a new Bank Holiday?

Who do we lobby?

Gary_C

The paralympians have all gone through varying stages of pain & suffering throughout their lives, & have all to a man & woman, shown that despite their various disabilities they can triumph at their chosen sport, whether it be competing & winning medals, or competing & achieving & passing personal milestones.

Then the organising committee go & inflict Coldplay on them….

Sadistic bastards!

thered

I really like Coldplay but I don’t understand why they’ve dominated it,

rickon
    Free Member

I like Coldplay.

I don’t get Jay-Z though, wasn’t it ‘Made in Britain’ that Seb Coe said? Confused why we don’t celebrate our home-grown musical talent.

CountZero

Coldplay are popular?

Bet they’ve sold more records than anyone on here. Poll 1000 people and ask them who’s more popular, Coldplay or Singletrackworld.com, and see what answer you get… 😈

zokes
    Free Member

Bet they’ve sold more records than anyone on here.

Quite possibly, seeing as they’re allegedly a band, whereas we’re allegedly a group of mountain bikers.

nick1962
    Free Member

I saw Coldplay back in 2000, coheadlining with a band called Terris who I tipped for greatness. Go me…

I also thought Terris would do well after seeing that tour, thought Coldplay were better live back then too.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I though it was a lot better than the Oylimpic closing thiing. Rather than a succession of random postrels, there was a central theme and various acts csame and went around them.

It had a better flow than ‘here’s a song; embarrassed silence filled by rambling commentator; here’s someone else’ Admittedly it didn’t have an inflatable octopus and roller skating nuns, but there’s only so many of them to go round

And it didn’t have Trveor Nelson.

nealglover
    Free Member

Coldplay are popular?

A few world tours, a couple of million fans seeing each one.
    Record sales of 55 Million or so.
    Over the last two world tours, they played 235 shows over a 5 year period. (average one show a week for 5 years )

So yes, fairly popular.

But you probably knew that.

DrJ

And it didn’t have Trveor Nelson.

That. Trevor Nelson singlehandedly spoiled the Olympics.

EDIT: Well, him and Macca.

PrinceJohn

average one show a week for 5 years

You’d’ve thought they’d’ve got the hang of it by now…

nealglover
    Free Member

yunki
    Free Member

Trevor Nelson George Michael singlehandedly spoiled the Olympics.

FTFY

DrJ

Rorschach
    Free Member

I 2nd an Olympic bank holiday…although I feel it should be the full 2 weeks long (you are plainly quite mental are you not Bear?).

Markie
    Free Member

I though it was a lot better than the Oylimpic closing thing. Rather than a succession of random postrels, there was a central theme and various acts came and went around them.

It had a better flow than ‘here’s a song; embarrassed silence filled by rambling commentator; here’s someone else’ Admittedly it didn’t have an inflatable octopus and roller skating nuns, but there’s only so many of them to go round

Agreed.

binners

Didn’t bother watching as I’d rather remove my own kidneys with a teaspoon than listen to a single note of Coldplay. The bed-wetters bed-wetters

Did Macca show up again? To continue in his single-handed bid to chuck away the Beatles legacy, with his karaoke-Beatles-montage turn that wouldn’t be out of place at a phoenix nights style social club?

In fact, I doubt he’d get past the committee….

muddy_bum
    Free Member

I don’t count myself as a big coldplay fan but I enjoyed it.
    Better than bringing out all the old regulars again.

The singalong at the end of Viva La vida fell a bit flat.

binners

A Coldplay singalong 😯

wrecker
    Free Member

Public enemy doing Harder than you think would have taken that place down. Long way to go for one song though. And I’m not sure that much of their back catalogue would have been entirely suitable.
    Still would have been an amazing moment.

kelvin

Take That would have done it far better. I’m not joking either.

Mat Fraser was good though. Was he the only one to perform in both the opening and closing ceremonies?

Northwind

wrecker – Member

Public enemy doing Harder than you think would have taken that place down.

That’s the real paralympic legacy- grassroots Public Enemy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Paralympic closing ceremony, ruined by Coldplay concert :-/’ is closed to new replies.