Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Paperless bank statements
  • z1ppy

…so my bank keeps pushing this at me, at one point by logging in without un-ticking a small box, they even managed to get me onto the system. I got all shouty and they told me how to easily re-enable it 😳

Anyway so today, I need to check some history on payments, right from their start 2 years ago, and suddenly I discover the online system will only let me go back 1 year, that’s it, no more nothing…

Progress eh?

Off to get shouty at them again 😕 (and dig out my paper statements)

druidh
    Free Member

My bank gives me the option of saving and/or printing my statements should I wish to retain them longer than they do.

z1ppy

Sounds like a recommendation, who do you bank with?.. what’s your account number, mums maiden name, pin number :mrgreen:

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep mine had a download button. Quite nice to be able to save them archive if you want not waste paper.

z1ppy

yes I’ve found I can download it for the last 12 months, which is great with hindsight, but useless after-the-fact.

maccruiskeen

druidh – Member
    My bank gives me the option of saving and/or printing my statements should I wish to retain them longer than they do.

the statements don’t disappear as such, but after a year your bank will charge you per page to access them.

That’s the misnomer: it’s not paperless if you need to print statements to keep them- its just stampless
    🙂

compositepro
    Free Member

Just SAR your bank I’m pretty sure legally they have to keep your data for 6 years
    You can get every statement for the last 6 years this way for 10 quid

z1ppy

SAR? Google says no
    Do you mean a data protection request?
    Sounds like a option, though I do have the printed statement but ‘filed’ away

bruk

I think if you are paperless then you can check back further than 1 year. Certainly I can on my online service.

Saves me having to shred stuff or have a bulging filing cabinet as they seem unable to send just 1 sheet with it anyway.

hjghg5
    Free Member

SAR = subject access request (=request for personal data under s7 of the DPA)

z1ppy

😀

GrahamS

NatWest online banking lets me look back at statements for the past seven years.

Can’t say I ever need to mind you. Bit depressing to see how rich I was before marriage and a child 😀

nick1962
    Free Member

I’m paperless everything but now I’m moving house I can’t get mail redirection because I need a recent written utility bill or suchlike to prove my address and copies of online account statements aren’t acceptable….. 😐

mikewsmith
    Free Member

That’s the misnomer: it’s not paperless if you need to print statements to keep them- its just stampless

File – Save

Paperless

Kuco

I opted for paperless phone bill and bank statements but both insist on keep sending me other crap every couple of weeks that i’m not interested in even though i’ve complained and requested no junk mail several times to them.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ve found this an issue. My bank don’t let you view more than 1 year in advance and also charge for copies. Not so handy when someone needs to see them all from a long history (like a mortgage request). When i signed up there was no mention of a time limit on the history.

allyharp

Just checked and with RBS I can go back 7 years from today. I’ve used online banking from RBS, Bank of Scotland and Santander and I’d rank their online systems in that order for ease and quality of use. RBS do require a card reader when adding a new payee though, which is a pain in the arse. HBOS give you an automated call which you have to match up with some numbers displayed on screen which is better.

GrahamS

HBOS give you an automated call which you have to match up with some numbers displayed on screen which is better.

Unless someone has nicked your jacket containing your wallet and phone 😀
    Security-wise I think I prefer the card reader.

maccruiskeen

mikewsmith – Member
    File – Save

Paperless

true – I need to keep paper records for 6 years though

As above I’ve deliberately kept some utilities bills as posted paper as I often need current bills as proof of address for equipment hires, account applications and the like.

joao3v16
    Free Member

My bank don’t let you view more than 1 year in advance

Your bank predicts your next 12 months bank statements?

😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Paperless bank statements’ is closed to new replies.