Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Panorma tonight 2030…Southmead Estate (dodgy neighbourhood and racism)
  • zaskar
    Free Member

Thing is, everyone in Bristol already knows to stay clear from there black or white!

Should be interesting to watch…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/default.stm

zaskar
    Free Member

Bump!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Lovely people 🙁

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

f'k sake – that is one large populous of people that really need a properly good shoeing.

allthepies
    Free Member

bassspine
    Free Member

the scariest thing is that it's actually a lot nicer in Southmead now than it was in the seventies.

coffeeking
    Free Member

As shocking and racially aggrivated as that is, that's the same behaviour as anyone, white or black, gets in many locations. IF you're not another colour, you're too tall or too small, or look funny. You only have to mis-hear someone and turn to ask what they said and they'll use it as an excuse to be violent or abuse you. And I'm from a fairly nice area, and more than capable of looking after myself. There's scum everywhere.

zaskar
    Free Member

Agree with you coffeeking, I think 'whites' are just as afraid as anyone else to go down there.

Thing is I see the U.K. going downhill like that with a number of people from China and India with Hi end I.Q's than the whole population of U.K. and getting ahead of Britain unless it pulls it's socks up.

Scum like Southmead yobbos hold Britain up. Lock them and throw away the key!

ghislainlambert
    Free Member

I work with kids like that in the next estate across from Southmead. I also work with 'Meaders'. My Monday night depression is reaching new heights tonight.
    I felt sick watching that show

5thElefant
    Free Member

I got the same shit for being a southerner in the North. When I went out with an asian girl the only people I (well she) got abuse from is old asian women. People are nasty. Any excuse will do.

Philby

Having worked in Southmead in the past, it was generally felt that there was more racism in the nearby Lockleaze estate, particularly with a number of Somali families moving in due to the larger house sizes. There are a small number of families in Southmead who are Black Caribbean, and a few of the elders play key roles in the community – I don't think they get any abuse. It does seem that racism is increasingly directed at certain communities particularly Asian muslims and Somalis and other north Africans.

Worrying times!

deluded
    Free Member

There are many good people that live on the Southmead estate (above and below Greystoke Avenue) mind, who maintain their properties and contribute to society. Unfortunately they will no doubt get lumped in with the sort of bigoted idiot featured in the Panorama report, which is a shame.

All the best.

ghislainlambert
    Free Member

Agree with Deluded

zaskar
    Free Member

Agree, there is always one that ruins it for the majority and not everyone is like that.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Entirely agree – it is only "some" not "all". But despite my liberal leanings I really am starting to think that the whole antisocial behaviour thing (low level crime that just gets to everyone) is something that really needs some serious resources put into tackling.

Christ… does that mean I have to vote (shudder) Conservative!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Panorma tonight 2030…Southmead Estate (dodgy neighbourhood and racism)’ is closed to new replies.