Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Panorama , now in Rhyl north wales.
  • project
    Free Member

Half of all adults now on benifits.

uplink
    Free Member

……… and they’re watching Panorama?

stayhigh

I very much doubt the majority on benefits are. They’re probably out happy slapping song birds at bus stops… 😆

Kevevs
    Free Member

people in Rhyl are terrible, inhumane , terrible, inferior people.

apart from of course my sister who works in a school for special needs kids which is of course a great benefit to society, a job she is brilliant at. Oh, and her boyfriend, who does the same. What fantastic people. That I know personally. that live in Rhyl.

kimbers

donsimon
    Free Member

Why spoil the fun of people who’ve never been there, who don’t know anyone from there and can only take cheap shots for cheap laughs, Kevevs?

higgo
    Free Member

I’ve been there and support the ‘nuke’ option (after giving Kevevs the nod).
    The only downside would be more mutants in Towyn in years to come.

binners

Well its hardly surprising is it. I mean … would you employ anyone Welsh? 😉

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

its the last resort

Rorschach
    Free Member

You cant nuke it….its got an ace national standard bmx track and a brand new crit circuit.What would I do on tuesday nights?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s just a place where’s there’s high unemployment and poverty, with few opportunities for many people. Instead of being all superior and scoffing at others less fortunate than yourselves, why not try to understand and empathise; imagine youself in their position. See, not so nice now is it?

And hope you yourself don’t fall on hard times, less someone better off than you sees you as inferior scum…

Besides, you can’t nuke it; it’s got the Sun Centre:

hughjengin
    Free Member

I live in Rhyl, but to be honest cant really defend it, its a town of two very seperate contrasts, East and West. East Rhyl is a perfectly pleasant could be anywhere sort of town, not idillyc rose cottage type stuff by any means but just a normal town with nice homes, normal people with normal goings on.
    West Rhyl is Bedsit ghetto land (which whilst I am sure there is a percentage of perfecty lovely people who live there) which is a boarded up, socially deprived area full of societys most problematic people (nicest way of saying it, I guess). Says it all I guess that I would rather drive 18 miles down the A55 to Llandudno rather than go into the town centre of my own town if I had my kids with me.

binners

Didn’t they also say that 50% of the people who did actually have jobs, worked in the public sector too?

I think this time next year they’ll be viewing 50% unemployment as the golden age of prosperity.

Hmmmmm. Rather than nuking it, could they not just tow it out to sea a bit then sink it?

hughjengin
    Free Member

You cant nuke it….its got an ace national standard bmx track and a brand new crit circuit.What would I do on tuesday nights?

The new Marsh Tracks is a brill facility, a good mate of mine (who frequents this forum) was appointed manager of the whole facility a few months back and is doing an amazing job with it.

Have you been racing there on the road race track Tuesdays Rorschach, ??

project
    Free Member

Due to the high number of empty lets in the B and B trade there, after the failure of the so called attractions, to attract peeps there, the unemployed flocked into the empty properties, sadly employers didnt follow, so huge parts of the sea front resemble semi derelict areas of urban decay.

Rhyl does have the new cycling centre, plenty of chip shops, and the sea views, sadly little work for the locals.

Rorschach
    Free Member

hughjengin-Will be there tonight to hopefully pick up my first 3rd cat points.I do get funny looks off all the guys warming up on rollers and turbos as I jump the 3rd straight step up/step down/double combo on my bmx though!But not as funny as the looks I get off the bmx kids when they see my shaved legs!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Panorama , now in Rhyl north wales.’ is closed to new replies.