Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pannier rack with no mounts?? Advice and pics please!!
  • IsaacClarke
    Free Member

About to switch jobs, and moving from rucksack to panniers… hopefully…

No mounts on my geared Tinbred, and I run Hope minis (old, silver) – Can I bodge something?

P-Clips?

Any advice/pics etc would be useful!!

Otherwise I’ll be getting a Kona Dew frame, and transplanting kit from the Tinbred : s

Thanks – Rick

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

old man mountain rack?? bit pricey, but very strong, and work with disc brakes. used mine on a tour round iceland for 6 weeks, and trips into the highlands on some nice techy trails…

sure you could bodge something though…

alexonabike

Second vote for OMM racks.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tubus – expensive but good. They do all sorts of mounting kits for bikes with no mounts.

TimothyD
    Free Member

Cycling Plus didn’t reccomend P clip for the lower mounts for more heavily loaded tourinig when somebody wrote in.

If it was me i’d get a hole put in at the top and bottom of each seat stay,and use trhose to mount the rack,but i tend to worry about things breaking a little bit.

It’s 15 pounds for a pair of bottle bosses at Argos Cycles,if it’s as simple to put the holes at either ends of your seat stays it’d only cost 30 pounds plus p+p.

TimothyD
    Free Member

Or 15 pounds plus p+p if you used P clips for the rods at the top of the rack,i think Cycling Plus said that was okay as they only really stabalise the load,and don’t have to take very much weight on them

Cheers
    Tim

tinribz
    Free Member

I’ve been scouring the net myself for something too. Best so far is this:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=14332

and these:

http://www.discountcyclesdirect.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=4911

Or jubilee clips….

tinribz
    Free Member

Agreed, they do look better!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pannier rack with no mounts?? Advice and pics please!!’ is closed to new replies.