Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pannier rack and bags suggestions please
  • gnusmas

I am after a pannier rack and bags for my 2015 Norco Threshold A2. Does anyone have any suggestions for some to look at as this is will be my first purchase of these. There is a huge choice and is a bit confusing, any help will be really appreciated. Also, what light should i look at to go on the rear seat stay?

Thanks

tjagain

Tubus racks are expensive but far superior to others. Much stronger and better made.

Ortleib panniers are very robust and waterproof with a very easy on and off bike action but heavy and a bit rattly

Carradice panniers are waterproof as well but not up to the “chuck it in the canal” levels of ortleib and are a bit fiddly to get on and off the bike but therefore harder to steal

simondbarnes

I’d definitely go with Ortlieb for the panniers. My bag of choice is the roller classic.

Tubus racks are very nice but there are also plenty of others out there more than up to the job. Have been very happy with my Tortec ones over the years.

I’d mount a light on the rear of the rack rather than the seat stay.

Dave-j
    Free Member

Have a look at Axiom, they make a good rack called the streamliner…

t_p
    Free Member

Ortelieb bags every time! Easy to mount, totally waterproof and very durable. I have a set of the Roller plus bags and they’re great.

I agree with simondbarnes for the rear light. back of the rack at the top is going to be much more visible.

allfankledup

i have a threshold. Went with a set of Ortlieb back rollers as they were in the same colour as the bike – or near as
    Ortlieb Link

Topeak rack from Evans’
    Linky to Rack

Use them routinely for commuting duties – nice enough as panniers go – they aren’t that exciting…

Vortexracing

Tubus rack and ortlieb front city roller here. They seem spot on and the Tubus is superb quality.

oh and a rear light on the rack as well, all boxes ticked. 😉

gnusmas

Thanks for your suggestions, will definitely look into them. Will i be able to use mudguards with a rack? Been looking at them too and think they would be beneficial. I use the bike for commutes and shopping as do not have a car and currently everything has to fit inside my rucksack so bags would definitely be useful as would the guards for dryness.

tjagain

Mudguards and a rack is easy. Its the normal setup for commutting

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

The Altura Dryline bags have been good for me! not the cheapest – but they’re pretty spacious and easy to use!

Mudguards and rack are a standard combination 🙂

Running the same on my little Kona Sutra.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pannier rack and bags suggestions please’ is closed to new replies.