Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pannier Rack
  • covestiff2016
    Free Member

Looking for a rear pannier rack for my gaint roam 2. Any recommendations?

Thanks
    Tom

retrorick

I recently bought a Bontrager disc specific rack for my Pinnacle arkose. Easy to find on the web.
    It was a nice rack, light, looked sturdy etc.
    But it ‘didn’t’ fit my arkose. The problem for me with the rack was the mounting point near the thru axle. The mounting point is probably an inch above the axle. This meant the top of the rack was at a height above the wheel which interfered with my large saddlebag.
    The rack does come in 2 sizes but the length of the legs are the same on each size. As far as i could tell with a side by side comparison.
    I need a rack with an adjustable leg length that fits a 142mm disc frame.

matt_outandabout

I have two second hand Trek/Bontrager which someone gave me. They have lasted 3 years of regular use, one particularly. Heavy, but solid.
    We also have a rather nice Tortec Velocity Hybrid on my son’s Deliveroo bike. It is much lighter, better made and a nice narrow top deck so moving panniers ‘inwards’. That is likely what I will buy next.

benos

I just fitted a Tortec Tour Ultralite to my Boardman ADV 8.9e. It seems nice and solid. A bit minimal but fine for a commuting pannier bag. The rear brake is flat mount on the chainstay and the rack fits over it fine.

slowol

I’ve been using a Tortec Ultralight for years for commuting with no problems. It’s nice and solid. The velocity looks like it would be even better for small panniers but less good for a rack bag of that’s your thing. If the Ultralight didn’t just work I’d replace it with a velocity as it looks better to my eye but what I have is good so no point changing.
    If using larger panniers then a rack with a dogleg in the rear stay to stop the panniers flapping into the rear wheel is good but for small panniers this is not an issue.

covestiff2016
    Free Member

What commuting bag do you use ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.