Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Pandas – why do we keep them alive?
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

They sleep 14 hours a day, they have one food type and they’re pretty crap and digesting that, they are crap at breeding. Basically they’re just not very good at anything. Why on earth are we keeping the species going?

scotroutes

Maybe panda poo will turn out to be a miracle cure for cancer. Imagine finding that out just as the last living panda dies….

seosamh77
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member
    Maybe panda poo will turn out to be a miracle cure for cancer. Imagine finding that out just as the last living panda dies….

bit of a stretch really. 😆

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Ah bugger – missed the opportunity to say that keeping them alive has me bamboozled. 😀

bigjim

Cwis Packham shares your view, the money spent trying to keep pandas going could have save a lot more species!

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

they know kung fu you know..
    I often wonder why we keep mosquitoes too

chewkw
    Free Member

I rather keep panda alive then ZM population. 😛

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Just think of the money that could be raised by having a sponsored panda shoot.

Rorschach
    Free Member

They sleep 14 hours a day, they have one food type and they’re pretty crap and digesting that, they are crap at breeding. Basically they’re just not very good at anything

TBF that’s a fair description of me……..cue another debate.

choppersquad
    Free Member

They’re cute.
    That’s it really.

petrieboy

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hGE9f9vYP8U[/video]

mtbfix

Have you not seen the baby panda sneezing video? For that alone, they should stay.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I infer from this gripe that you got decked by a panda at the zoo today. What goes around comes around old boy

CountZero

cheekymonkey888 – Member
    they know kung fu you know..
    I often wonder why we keep mosquitoes too

I think it’s more that mosquitoes keep humans as a nice, handy, thin-skinned food source.
    And there are hundreds of millions of them, hardly a struggling, threatened species.
    If it wasn’t for the wholesale destruction of their natural habitat, left to their own devices pandas would carry blithely on chewing on a hopelessly inadequate food source, sitting on their fat asses, because they don’t have enough energy to actually put any real effort into feeding themselves.
    They are a carnivore, after all, so their chosen lifestyle is effectively slow suicide.

redstripe
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for a 80’s/90’s 4 x 4 one for a while (fond memories), but I think they are already extinct

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I infer from this gripe that you got decked by a panda at the zoo today. What goes around comes around old boy

Nah – was just a bit underwhelmed by them.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

What would the WWF use as a logo if the Panda became extinct?

monkeychild
    Free Member

What would the WWF use as a logo if the Panda became extinct?

Brian Blessed???

whatnobeer
    Free Member

They’re cute.
    That’s it really.

Same reason we don’t like fox hunting, init? 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Same reason we don’t like fox hunting, init?

No!

the-muffin-man

why do we keep them alive?

Because they bring in the ££££s to Zoos.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve thought the same before now, yes man ruined their habitat, but there’s more than enough for the current population but they seem hell-bent on extinction. They’re bears, it’s not just a name they’re real honest bears who are capable of hunting and eating meat and berries and whatever else – but they can’t be arsed, so they eat tonnes of bamboo with all the nutritional qualities of celery and ponce about too tired to shag.

They’re lucky 1, they’re cute, 2, theyre symbolic of China 3, the WWF chose them for its logo, otherwise they’d be ****.

thepurist

[quoteThey’re lucky 1, they’re cute, 2, theyre symbolic of China 3, the WWF chose them for its logo, otherwise they’d be ****[/quote]

4 – they’re not tasty

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

They’re cute
    Pretty black and white issue, innit?

Squidlord
    Free Member

Relevant discussion on this very topic:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOZmDsiiXXk[/video]
    EDIT: NSFW!

piemonster

Pandas, **** ’em

neilthewheel

I’ve been looking for a 80’s/90’s 4 x 4 one for a while (fond memories), but I think they are already extinct

Loads of them still in Italy.

aracer
    Free Member

Have you seen how much it costs to bury a panda? If I owned one I think I’d be doing my best to keep it alive.

edward2000
    Free Member

My Panda was slow and it rusted so I sold it

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

They’re cuddly.

I think they should put more money into getting rid of crap animals like crocodiles, big sharks and snakes and stuff.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I keep a few hundred in battery cages and ‘milk’ their gall bladders for elixir to stave off death. So they’re quite useful in that regard.

Oh no, I was thinking of children. Silly me.

nickc

Why on earth are we keeping the species going?

I think we’re doing quite a good job at the opposite. They’ve been around for at least 2.2mya, munching away on food that they can barely stomach, and get teeny amounts of energy from and seemed to have managed pretty well, trouble was (like a lot of species) we come along, drive them out of of their preferred habitat (flat) and into the hills (where they don’t do well because of the low energy diet)

Living fossil, if nothing else; then that.

Notter
    Free Member

You’re just jealous, let’s face it we would all love their lifestyle 🙂

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Pandas – why do we keep them alive?’ is closed to new replies.