Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • panda virus scan and malwarebytes
  • anagallis_arvensis

these any good?

Solo
    Free Member

Recently, I caught some malware. I asked on here what was going on and someone recommended MalwareBytes another recommended Ad-aware.

I’m now running Norton Internet Security, MalwareBytes and Ad-Aware.

I guess we’ll always be stuck with the idiots who feel the need to wright malicious code, hack websites, etc.

Solo.

Solo
    Free Member

Or is that “write”……DOH !.

S

bruneep

I’m now running Norton Internet Security

<shudders>

cxi
    Free Member

Malwarebytes does a pretty good job in the FOC version – some malware “programs” will block it’s acess to it’s primary mirror site, so try a different update site if it can’t updated.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

malwarebytes, superantispyware and spybot s&d usually detect/remove pretty much all malware/spyware between them (as long as they’re up to date and your “infection” isn’t preventing you from installing/updating them).
    if you see anywhere that advises you to use Combofix, be wary… it’s good, but VERY powerful if you don’t know exactly what you’re doing and i’ve seen people kill their OS with it.

Drac

guess we’ll always be stuck with the idiots who feel the need to wright malicious code

Aye but you could always remove norton as a start.

Gruff
    Free Member

so far I’ve been very impressed with malwarebytes –

My neighbour got a shed load of nasties, a good mixture of presistent viruses, malware and trojans, and malwarebytes was the only thing I found capable to strip it all out. Very impressive piece of software!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘panda virus scan and malwarebytes’ is closed to new replies.