• This topic has 22 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by wl.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Panasonic Viera tx-l32e6b TV – anyone got one?
  • wl
    Free Member

Anyone got this specific model of TV, and is it any good? Looked at a few positive online reviews – just looking for any first-hand experiences on here. Ta.

ElShalimo

Not quite what you’re after but we have the 42″ version and are very happy with it.
    New menu system is easy to use, the Apps are okay but we only really use iPlayer frequently

wl
    Free Member

Cheers ElShalimo. Is that just a bigger version of exactly the same model? Main priority is something with a great picture and half decent sound for no more than £400.

Coincidentally, I was gonna reply to your earlier post. I’m in Calderdale – if you can get out mid-week at all, I’ll show you a route or two sometime. I’ll give you my email if you let us know on here.

ElShalimo

Yep, it’s the same one but bigger screen.
    The picture quality is great and for such a thin unit the sound is pretty good. We looked at loads before we chose this. We got it because it had a great picture, built-in HD freeview, built-in WiFi and was easy to use. We got it from John Lewis to get the 5year guarantee and they price matched a cheaper shop too.

re: routes – midweek is hard cos I’m always working late, I’ll have to try to join a weekend ride. thanks

wl
    Free Member

Cheers again – sounds like it could be the perfect telly for us. I noticed the JL 5-year guarantee online too. Can you remember who they price matched with? No worries if not.

I ride weekends too, just got a lot on next month at the weekends. If you like, email me on will at williamlake dot com and I’ll drop you a line for a weekend ride sometime. Might just be in 3 or 4 weeks’ time. Otherwise, good luck route finding – absolutely loads over here around Hebden/Widdop/Stoodley/Ogden. Try asking in Blazing Saddles, too.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Got the 42″ version too, very pleased with it generally. Picture is fantastic after I followed the settings guide online somewhere (maybe avforums), gives a great natural CRT-esque picture, occasionally miss the lack of higher refresh rate. As it’s not an IPS (?) panel viewing angles aren’t as wide as plasma or IPS but works fine in our sitting room with one sofa directly in front and one offset about 30°. Sound is acceptable.

Aps are pretty poor tbh, not a patch on Samsung/LG, by reputation anyway. However iplayer, youtube and Netflix are great and the latter two work seemlessly with android aps, shame there’s no 4oD etc (yet?). Networking is a breeze. Interface is a bit slow too, not annoyingly so, and I am picky, but I can see why people are pushing dual core processors. Interface itself is clear and easy to navigate although probably room for improvement.

A solid 8/10.

ElShalimo

JL will pricematch with anyone if you follow their policy. Look for John Lewis NKU

Cheers
    Oh I nearly forgot…. My favourite thing is using the Panasonic android remote control app to flick thru channels and annoy my wife!

chojin
    Free Member

I have the 37″ version, just watch out for “dynamic” brightness adjustment which you can’t (appear to) turn off. Bloody annoying as it makes the picture reeeeaaallly dark even with the brightness up full. Then when you up the volume or use anything with the OSD, it makes the picture readable again!
    Lovely TV if it wasn’t for this feature though.

wl
    Free Member

Cheers ElShalimo – I’ll shop around first for the cheapest deal for JL to match.

Bimbler, chojin – cheers. I’m a total TV tech dunce. Viera sounds like a good all-rounder from what I’ve read generally, although is this dynamic brightness thing a deal breaker? Don’t want a dud feature to ruin an otherwise good telly.

Bimbler
    Free Member

dynamic brightness thing a deal breaker

Nope, you can turn it off, just checked the settings I used here

chojin
    Free Member

There is no option on my telly to turn it off, I’ll try setting it up as per that thread and let you know.

wl
    Free Member

Cheers chojin – would be good to know.

chojin
    Free Member

A lot of those options are missing from my menu, in particular the ambient sensor and backlight control settings.
    You definitely cannot turn it off on my model :/

Bimbler
    Free Member

A lot of those options are missing from my menu, in particular the ambient sensor and backlight control settings.
    You definitely cannot turn it off on my model :/

Are you sure it’s the e6b model you’ve got, as there is no 37″ version?

The operating instructions make no distinction between the models, although from memory I can’t remember seeing a 1080p pixel direct setting.

wl
    Free Member

I rang Richer Sounds yesterday who assure me that you can switch the dynamic brightness off on the e6b. I couldn’t find a 37″ version either, so I think you have a different telly, chojin. Reviews for the e6b pretty much all say stunning picture, particularly in HD, so I’d be a bit surprised if there was such a fundamental visual problem like the one you described.

chojin
    Free Member

I think I have the E5B… maybe that’s a slighter earlier model.
    If you have had it confirmed that you can switch it off then go for it!
    Like I say, a great TV otherwise…

ElShalimo

E5B is 2012 model
    E6B is 2013 model
    This year’s models are 6 or 60 variants – Avforums.co.uk is full of übergeeky wisdom like this

hoodie
    Free Member

Got the 39 inch one, really pleased with it. Great picture.

toby1

I have an e5b, it’s a great TV, I’ve always liked Panasonic anyway and these panels have a great ability to out do Samsung and cheaper makes in my opinion.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

We have the 42″ good TV. The HD picture is really sharp and the sound is ok for a thin set.

wl
    Free Member

Cheers folk – gonna push the button on an e6b. 5-year warranty is also reassuring, since lots of people seem to reckon modern TVs don’t last more than a couple/few years.

Speeder

I’ve got an equivalent 37″ I think and it’s a good telly though I wouldn’t recommend it if you ever want to hook it up to the web as the Viera interface has a lot to be desired in terms of what you can get on it.

I don’t necessarily think I’d have bought anything else but it definitely doesn’t work as well as I’d have liked it to on the web front.

wl
    Free Member

Just in case anyone else is considering this telly – I bit the bullet and bought one, and it’s mint. Picture is stunning.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Panasonic Viera tx-l32e6b TV – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.