Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Panasonic Lumix TS1, Killer Headcam?, anyone tried it?
  • oliverd1981
    Free Member

I've been looking at the lumix ts1, which already floats my boat as a half decent water resistant, shock resistant camera. but what really intrigues me is that it shoots 720p footage at 60 fps and allows zooming while in video mode, it does this at a decent bitrate too, so filming motion shouldn't suffer from lots of compression artefacts.

Basically, I think with the right helmet mount this would make an awesome helmet cam, and should pick up pretty good trackside footage too. There aren't many camcorders out there that do high bitrate 720p, and I think it's a good tradeoff between quality and filesize / processing power required.

I'm away at work at the moment, but looking to order one to arrive when I get back, any thoughts?

desf
    Free Member

Could get expensive if you crash/meet a low branch?
    😉

oliverd1981
    Free Member

So can any helmet cam, primarilly it's for use in the alps (and snowboarding) where low branches are a little more scarce. I was thinking I could modify an old helmet so it slotted in, in a streamlined fashion. Ok this isn't super safe.. but what price art?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Panasonic Lumix TS1, Killer Headcam?, anyone tried it?’ is closed to new replies.