Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Panasonic Lumix LX7 camera – anyone use one for biking pics?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Looks like a good camera, sort of a compact / slr hybrid (though not a genuine bridge camera). Anyone used one, especially for low light biking pics?

Also, is it still small enough to carry on your shoulder strap?

AlexSimon

I still use an LX3 and it’s very capable.
    It might be a fraction big for the shoulder strap, but doable.

I would factor in for a copy of Adobe Lightroom so that you can make RAW processing a no-brainer. It takes all the pain out of photo processing/organising in general.

Also consider the comparable Canon (s110?) and Sony rx100

nickjb
    Free Member

I use an lx3 as well. Takes much better pictures in variable light than my ‘tough’ camera and it has taken a few knocks and a bit of rain. Very happy with the pictures and it is a good size. I carry it would n the shoulder strap. Lots of options for playing with the settings too.

nedrapier

Got the LX7 and it gets past the 3 problems I had with the Lx3 I had before – more zoom at long end, 1:1 aspect ratio joins the other aspect ratios on the barrel adjuster rather than 12 button presses deep in the menus.

Also, longer max and quicker min exposres, ND filter for blurification (movement or DOF) and add on live electronic viewfinder, which is great (if ££) for very bright light (eg sunny, snowy mountains), and also gets you considering the composition more, there’s something much more involving about shutting one eye and only seeing the image you’re taking, rather than holding a box at arms length: “that’s about right” click.

AlexSimon

1:1 aspect ratio joins the other aspect ratios on the barrel adjuster rather than 12 button presses deep in the menus.

The one thing I can’t stand about the LX3 is the AR adjustment dictates the video quality, so if you forget to flick the switch your video is suddenly in VGA – what a design blunder that was.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thanks guys, looks like the LX7 is a little large, so considering the LF1 or Powershot S110

Swayndo
    Free Member

I’ve used a number of small cameras over the last few years and have kinda settled (for now) on an Olympus XZ10. It has a slightly smaller sensor, but is overall more packable that the LXs (of which I’ve had 2) and has better filters and brilliant slo-mo video. The size fits well with an Lowepro Apex case which works well with the belt strap on my Dakine Nomad.

I also have a TG820 for use in the rain and they share a similar size and the same battery … which is nice.

butcher

LX5 here. I find the size perfect, but then I used to carry a dslr around! Fits nicely into a jersey pocket. It’s been out in all weathers, took some of the impact of at least one road crash, and it takes decent photies. Shooting RAW was the selling point for me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Panasonic Lumix LX7 camera – anyone use one for biking pics?’ is closed to new replies.