Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Panaracer XC Pro non-UST – anyone used them tubeless?
  • Damon
    Free Member

I have some tubeless rims, Fulcrum RM 3 which I have some UST tyres for trial centres that work well.

I am going on a muddy XC ride at the weekend and want to use the rims on my HT but I don't have a UST mud tyre. I do have some non-UST Panaracer XC Pro Fire's which are awesome in the mud.

Has anyone used these tubeless with sealant successfully? I'd prefer not to have to by the UST versions.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Yes, were a total pig to get to sit on properly on the three pairs I've done, but haven't had any problems since

Seamus
    Free Member

Non UST Panaracers are not recomended as they supposedly have weaker beads and can blow off the rim. However some people have tried and succeded.

Damon
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

Based on them I will try them without sealant first to avoid potential mess!!! 😀

jonk

Not recommended due to the sidewall – they are too thin and can blow. I was in france last year when mine blew suddenly. The fella from Just Riding Along has also noted problems stated on his website.

mandog

No problem here. Have used a non ust one on the back for a year. The tread wore out so I replaced it with a new one.

loris
    Free Member

No problems here, been using them for months with no issues. Didn't have any problems with getting them inflated either. Using Mavic 717 rims.

simon1975

Sealant oozed for ages out from the writing on the tyre wall! But sealed eventually. Not the best.

Damon
    Free Member

Yes I am having the same problem, only where the raised lettering is, the rest of the tyre is fine.

avdave2

Panaracer XC Pro Fire's which are awesome in the mud

😯

jimmers
    Free Member

Went tubeless with these, kevlar and wired beaded versions, both blew off the rim if more than 35psi was pumped in to the tyre.

BTW This was with Stans Olympic rims, propers Stan's rim strips and Stan's gloopy gunk.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I've used/using them, mixed results as in the front has been OK, the rear popped off the rim twice in one ride resulting in a rpaid trailside tube replacement, using a Joe's no tubes kit. Just glad it wsan't the front seeing as both times it was on the black run singletrack at llandegla.

One of these tyres is kevlar, one is steel bead, problem is I can't remember which is which, and I've got a sneaky feeling that it is likely the bead that is causing the problem.

Agree that getting them to seal is a big PITA, takes a lot of time & air pressure to ensure that the sealant works its way into the sidewalls.

Damon
    Free Member

Gave up after nearly 2 hours. Sidewalls where the raised lettering is just poured out.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Panaracer XC Pro non-UST – anyone used them tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.