Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Panaracer Rampage- which way round?
  • DarrenH

Hello all,
    I need some help to settle an argument between myself and one of my riding buddies.
    I’ve fitted some Rampages to my heckler for the upcoming months of blistering summer heat and we can’t agree which direction the rear tyre should be fitted.
    He thinks it should be fitted so that the centre knobs angle towards the front of the bike (same as front wheel).
    I reckon it should be fitted in the reverse direction so that the square edge will dig into the ground.
    Help please people.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Having run rampages for a few years, when you look at the bottom of the wheel the square edged knob in the centre (2 rows side by side) should be facing the back, so that when you pedal they dig into the ground. So you are right.

BTW Haven’t tried a Rampage on the front, any good?

Kryton57

Front – ramped edge pointed toward the front.

Rear – ramped edge pointing toward the rear.

I use the SC 2.35 on the fron for Wales (rocky singletrack) and they are **** marvellous, but on the dry dusty forest singletrack they wash out before the Nobby Nics on t’other bike. Also, they tend to slide abit once the trails have a slippery top layer.

DarrenH

Bigyinn, it’s great on the front so far.
    But conditions where I usually ride are superb at the moment.
    Haven’t had a chance to try em out in sloppy mud.
    Also, I’m not that fast a rider 😉

Grimy
    Free Member

As above,

Front – ramped edge pointed toward the front.

Rear – ramped edge pointing toward the rear

If you take a second to examine the tyre, you will see that its actually written on the side wall, all be it in black. (well it is on mine)

t_i_m
    Free Member

Good on the front in the dry. Ok when wet. Terrible in mud (useless at shedding mud os they just clag up and slide).
    I like them as a summer tyre.
    The SC is nice on the front on rocks.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ll have to try one on the front, although my Cinder is pretty ace.
    And yes they are shit in the mud.

woodsman
    Free Member

I run mine with the angle pointing towards the front on both – so I’d say your mate is right (of course)! 🙂

The tread pattern is very very similar to that of my 2.35 Nevegals and they are marked with the rotation direction – angle pointing towards the front on both – so I copied that.

Great tyre for the summer imo.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Panaracer Rampage- which way round?’ is closed to new replies.