Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Panaracer Rampage: Opinions?
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I'm thinking of getting some to replace my High Rollers. I was thinking the SC on the front and the standards 2.35 on the rear.

jimmy

I have one on the rear and judge tyres by when i don't notice them (i.e. they're doing their job). I never notice it, therefore I'm a big fan of them.

BadlyWiredDog

Decent all-rounder, not used the SC, not particularly fast-rolling, though if you use High Rollers, that probably won't bother you overly.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrTall
    Free Member

I have the 2.35 29er versions and found them a bit scetchy at first but now i'm used to them i really quite like them.

Del

faster rolling than the kenda it replaced, but on the ss i spin them up on the back wheel on the road when it's cold and wet. i'll be getting high rollers on the rear next. wouldn't use them on the front. YMMV.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Not a big fan. They are average at everything and masters of nothing.

I would say the Kenda Nevegal is a better tyre (I reckon the Rampage is a rip off of the nevegal design).

Have recently moved to Kenda Kinetics on front and Maxxis Advantage on rear and they wipe the floor with the Rampage.

I bet if you post a thread asking for a tyre for a specific type of riding, the rampage would be low down the list of replies.

jimmy

Incidentally, I'm after a Panaracer Rampage through Halfords but they can't get them. They can get anything else, so if anyone has a (new or nearly new) rampage they don't want and would like to swap for almost any tyre of their choice (in the £25 – 30 mark) drop me a line.

goog
    Free Member

good in the dry

shite in the wet

HTH

FuzzyWuzzy

I found them OK, preferred them on the front to a High Roller (although prefer the Blue Groove over it which is what I use atm). Not tried one on the rear but probably pretty average.

mtbfix

I use the sticky 2.3 on my hardtail for trail centre jaunts. I really rate these tyres for thrashing about, especially in rockier terrain. Too heavy for the usual Oxfordshire riding, mind you.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Got a set of part-worn, 2.35, folding Rampages in the garage – £23, posted. 🙂

trailmonkey

Didn't like it on the front. Worked for me as a rear but I've ripped two of them on the sidewalls.

mikey74
    Free Member

So any of you folks ride around Leith/Pitch/Homlbury hills? If so, what do you use, around the 2.35 sizewise?

mrben100
    Free Member

Bit late in the thread I know but I had the rampage 2.35 front and rear and loved them, found them confidence inspiring around Wales trails.

That said I only bike in wales once a month/bi-monthly rest of the time every week biking in thetford i.e. xc riding with no real ups or downs – needless to say they are a bit hard work.

woodsman
    Free Member

I've used the UST version 2.1 I think, on the hardtail, I really like it. It is a summer tyre though.

I use 2.35 nevegals on my 5spot at the Surrey Hills all year round.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Panaracer Rampage: Opinions?’ is closed to new replies.