• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Del.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Panaracer Rampage..
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

..are REALLY big tyres! Received some of these in the 2.35 size yesterday, currently in the shed fitting them and they are huge!
    Good job I’m already slow, just hope the bike isn’t too tall for me now! 😀

ir_bandito
    Free Member

They are. They’re quote fast rolling too.

They’re also rubbish in mud/snow/anything gloopy.
    Great on dry rock though.

qwerty
    Free Member

As above, may get the knobs tear if hammering Lakeland rocks, Sticky Compond on the front option too.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Got the SC on the front, might be tempting fate but I’m off work all week so thought id take the risk 🙂

have a Minion if it goes all soggy..

tymbian
    Free Member

How did you get on with these? Any deals on the SC’s? I was thinking about these or the Chunkey Monkey/ Smorgasbord combo for a Wales trip..

muddydwarf
    Free Member

So far so good! Ive found them really good on rocky stuff like Lee Quarry, fast rolling yet grippy enough to let you trust them.
    Clear mud pretty well too although they aren’t mud tyres they did ok in the gloop i encountered this weekend.
    Only word of caution i would add is that you need to run a certain minimum pressure, i double flatted the other week because i was running them too low and pinch flatted both wheels on a rocky section.
    Apart from that really happy with them.
    Off to the Western Lakes next week so will see how they get on with Lakeland slate.

P.S. got them from Merlin, £45 for the set.

tymbian
    Free Member

I was thinking of running them tubeless..

Del

my verdict is fragile (very) and not significantly better than owt else. cm and smorgs better for the money by a country mile.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Panaracer Rampage..’ is closed to new replies.