Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Palm Pre
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

does anyone have one? I've an N97 and to be honest even with the latest firmware I'm still not 100% happy with it and I'm tempted to swap it for a Pre, so anyone have one? is it any good? is there anywhere I can see the apps?

cheers

matthewjb
    Free Member

I thought about getting one. In the end I went for an iPhone.

There were a few negative comments in reviews which made me go for the safer choice of the iPhone. These were mostly to do which the build quality/design of the case.

I'm happy with my choice. But the wireless charger that O2 were offering for free looks cool though.

bruk

Build quality/design seems to be a bit of an issue!

Go for an Iphone like everyone else.

MrNutt
    Free Member

hate the iphone on screen keyboard

matthewjb
    Free Member

I had a Nokia N95 8GB before. It did everything that the iPhone does, but the iPhone is just more of a pleasure to use.

matthewjb
    Free Member

MrNutt – Member

Do you text a lot? I thought that sort of thing only bothered teenage girls.

{Posted from my iPhone}

MrNutt
    Free Member

I haven't bothered teenage girls for quite some time! 😀

matthewjb
    Free Member

MrNutt – Member
    I haven't bothered teenage girls for quite some time!

That's what they all say. 😆

brakes
    Free Member

try the Palm Pre keyboard – the end of my thumb can only press 4 keys at a time

Russell96

Have a look at what the Nokia N900 can do it may be a bit heavy but if you don't like a locked down phone OS then it's a great choice. Have a look on Youtube at some of the apps/games it can run.

IA

I've an N97 and a (loaned) N900. Stuff I've been up to with mine @ http://doitdifferent.wordpress.com It's good, but the N97 is a better phone/sat nav, and can be used one handed. Sure the N900 is flashier to use, less "clunky" but it's maybe not as good a phone. Depends on what you need your device to do though.

On a recent trip, I put my simcard in the N97, but took the N900 instead of a laptop…

I'd not recommend an N900 to everyone, but depending on your needs/how geeky you are, it *is* a great option for some.

Nexus one also worth a look, if you can see past (pun intended) the screen (unreadable in the sun) and grim camera.

CountZero

The Pre keypad is shonky, recessed into a stupid slide so it's only usable in one orientation, unlike the iPhone's, which is the easiest keypad I've ever used, and has very good spell checking. Plus, the way things are going, Palm may not be around for much longer, their share price has dropped off the chart from what I was reading the other day, and they've never had much of an app range. Having Memory Map Free for the iPhone has pretty much made it the perfect phone for me now, and I'm really looking forward to the 4G upgrade to 64Gb in June.

Potdog
    Free Member

Friend has the Palm Pre. She's had it about 2 months at a guess and it's been replaced under warranty twice. Once for keyboard and the last time for some sort of software / firmware glitch.

Other than that she loves it.

colin@rush
    Free Member

there are a mass of new smart phones out and more coming in a few weeks I don't know anyone with a palm pre and the buttons were way to small for me I'm not an iPhone fan and if you look beyond the slick UI they are actually expensive for a pretty average spec phone the apps however are very good I opted for a htc HD2 and its superb 🙂 htc have a new phone out next month called the desire which would certainly be worth considering

atlaz
    Free Member

Boss has a Pre because he hates blackberries. He also hates his Pre now. Shitty battery life, buggy software, serious overheating problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Palm Pre’ is closed to new replies.