Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Paint Shop Pro filter for removing out of focus fencing
  • goon
    Free Member

I’m just wondering if anyone has any filters or techniques for removing or reducing the out of focus catch fencing apparent in photos like below? Manually looks pretty much impossible to me. I prefer to use PSP, but also have access to Photo Shop. I understand it’s a lot to asl of the software, but thought I’d ask anyway. 🙂

It’s not too bad, but spoiling some pleasing photos I have.

Visible in bottom right of this one.

Thanks for any help.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Clone tool?

gavinski
    Free Member

I don’t think it can be done except manually with the clone tool – good luck with that as it will take ages to get it to look right.

what you’ve got is effectively a loss of contrast and saturation in the areas covered by the fence – so you could try selecting the fence lines – feathering the selection and then adjusting the levels/curves. But i don’t think that will look right either.

CountZero

TBH, I don’t find the fencing/barrier obtrusive. It’s a feature of race circuits, and it’s pretty bland and innocuous. I’d be more concerned about removing the unsightly green post intruding into the front wing of the blue GT2 car in the second pic. That requires subtle use of the clone/patch tool and adjustment layers in Photoshop.

goon
    Free Member

Thanks for the ideas.

Count -> The shots with the bollards in are going straight to the recycle bin, this was just the first example of the fencing I came across to post. My PSP skills aren’t up to dealing with that, and I have enough that there will be no big loss.

Cheers.

grumm
    Free Member

I don’t see it as a big problem either, the top one is a great photo anyway.

goon
    Free Member

Cheers Grumm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Paint Shop Pro filter for removing out of focus fencing’ is closed to new replies.