Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Paisley freight…….. Not impressed !!!
  • renton
    Free Member

Long story short…..

I posted my bike to myself down at the in-laws as I had no room in the car.

Been following the tracking and its been signed for with a surname nearly the same as mine but not quite. Strange I think as I’m still in the car on the motorway still traveeling down from Scotland.

I’ve called the in-laws and they aren’t in and haven’t received it however when they get home they will check if a neighbour signed for it.

Just got a call from them and the cheeky **** delivery driver has signed for it himself and dumped it by their front door in full view of the main road. To top it off the box is ripped and until I get there I can’t tell if anything is missing.

Fuming.

iainc

shoulda bought a roof carrier 🙂

Northwind

If you weren’t an honest person, it could now “go missing”

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matt_outandabout

If you weren’t an honest person, it could now “go missing”

ton

I used em last week…perfect. from collection to delivery 16 hours.

renton
    Free Member

I’ve used them before and they have been fine hence why I used them again.

To be honest I’m not sure if anything is missing until I get there as I put all my riding clothing and hydration pack in the box too.

I’ve sent them an email asking for a reason why.

globalti
    Free Member

It won’t have been Paisley Freight, most likely it was a TNT van and driver. I sent a bike with PS and TNT carried it and damaged it, meaning I had to take it back and pay for repairs, half the cost of which I managed to recover from TNT.

Stevet1
    Free Member

I’ve had this in the past where the delivery driver has signed for an empty parcel. Took an age to convince the shop that I hadn’t received it and I’m sure they didn’t believe me they just gave in as I threatened them with fraud.

renton
    Free Member

@globalti….. I understand they use the likes of tnt etc but as I paid paisley for a service surely the responsibility of the parcel lies with them.

br
    Free Member

I understand they use the likes of tnt etc but as I paid paisley for a service surely the responsibility of the parcel lies with them.

Agree.

But save any shouting until you’ve assessed the loss, if any.

Although I’d be having a conversation regarding the dropping without signing, except you could’ve been posting about not been able to ride ‘cos they took it back to the depot (50 miles away) as no one was in to sign for it 🙂

Kryton57

Worst rant ever. 🙄

cokie

I don’t think that filing cabinets are that highly in demand, don’t worry 😉 .

scandal42
    Free Member

How much did it cost you?

renton
    Free Member

£30

renton
    Free Member

This is the reply ……
    We note your comments and our agents have spoken to the driver and he did confirm that the goods were left safe and he thought he was doing you a favour as nobody was in and left the goods in a safe place
    very sorry

To which I put….

Thanks for the reply.

Whilst I appreciate that he “Thought he was doing me a favour” he has signed for it and as such effectively said it is in good condition.

As I have already said in my previous email the box is damaged. What’s happens now if the bike is damaged or the rest of the contents are missing.

He has effectively commuted fraud by signing in my name.

renton
    Free Member

This is the reply ……
    We note your comments and our agents have spoken to the driver and he did confirm that the goods were left safe and he thought he was doing you a favour as nobody was in and left the goods in a safe place
    very sorry

To which I put….

Thanks for the reply.

Whilst I appreciate that he “Thought he was doing me a favour” he has signed for it and as such effectively said it is in good condition.

As I have already said in my previous email the box is damaged. What’s happens now if the bike is damaged or the rest of the contents are missing.

He has effectively commuted fraud by signing in my name.

obelix
    Free Member

Thought the service from Paisley Freight has been excellent in the few times I’ve used them. Usually for surfboards, so high value, delicate items. Always received in good order. Sorry to hear your experience, but as with any freight company, there will be mishaps. With PF I’d say there are fewer of these than the norm.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Paisley freight…….. Not impressed !!!’ is closed to new replies.