Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pairing a PS3 controller to my Galaxy S3?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

I bought a ps3 controller a while ago with the intention to use it with my s3 for playing games on (gta3 and ps1 emulator!), but can’t get it to pair – just keep getting flashing lights on the pad indicating it isnt paired with anything I believe? I’ve followed guides on the Internet that show how to get it working with an OTG cable and non-rooted phone, but this doesn’t seem to work for me. You lot are normally pretty good with this sort of thing so thought I’d ask!

To clarify I’m not trying to get it to work over bluetooth as I know this requires both the six axis app and a rooted device. Or should I just root the s3 anyway, is it worth doing for other reasons?

Cougar

AFAIK it should work with an OTG cable. Dunno what else I can add to that, I’m afraid.

Does the game actually support a controller? I got Vice City the other day and I know that does; that’s a native app though, how well it would cope running through an emulator I’ve no idea (and I’m slightly baffled as to what you’re doing given that GTA3 was a PS2 game, not PS1).

_tom_
    Free Member

Gta3 is a stand alone app and ps1 emulator for other stuff 🙂 afaik with the cable I should be able to control the home screen with the controller as well when its paired.

Are all OTG cables created equally? I just got a cheap one off ebay..

Cougar

Are all OTG cables created equally? I just got a cheap one off ebay..

Dunno. I got a cheap one off Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008WOXUKI

theflatboy
    Free Member

Just root it anyway – it’s ridiculously easy, takes no time at all. Works a treat, opens up all sorts of interesting possibilities.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pairing a PS3 controller to my Galaxy S3?’ is closed to new replies.