Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Painted Carbon Forks "Crazy Paving" – Opinions Please
  • terrynutkins
    Free Member

I’ve been noticing some “crazy paving” effects develop on the back of my carbon forks, Easton EC70SL. There is a definite increase in what look like small surface cracks and I’m unsure of this is just the paint or actually something more substantial. The underside has fairly obvious scratches from stuff caught on the tyres but the more subtle examples are around the caliper bolthole at the back, pics below.

Forks are approx 3 years old, no serious knocks and feel fine while riding or giving a bit of manual flex.

Any experience/opinions please? Will I die?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Its probably just cracks in the paint, but as a precaution I’d be taking more pics and sending them off to whoever you bought them from new (assuming they’re not second hand).

njee20
    Free Member

I remember when my forks looked that good! *sigh*

You’ll be fine I reckon.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s scratched, ride on.

You could repair with T-cut.

LardLover
    Free Member

Here’s me thinking this thread was about a custom spray job on a pair of forks. I feel slightly disappointed to be honest 😐

cynic-al
    Free Member

Me too LL.

Carbon anxiety can produce some good threads though, remember the sticker?

stoffel
    Free Member

Just surface scratches from stones etc i’d say. Nothing to worry about.

terrynutkins
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback. Apart from the scratches, I guess the less obvious marks are due to the lacquer or similar giving a little?

And apologies for the misleading thread title but someone please feel free to share pics of their crazily paved forks!

njee20
    Free Member

Here’s me thinking this thread was about a custom spray job on a pair of forks. I feel slightly disappointed to be honest

Ha, I did too!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Painted Carbon Forks "Crazy Paving" – Opinions Please’ is closed to new replies.