Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Paint Sprayers for decorating – Are they any good?
  • Alphabet

Following renovation, a rental property needs every room painting.

Has anyone got any experience of using paint sprayers and could recommend one? I’d like to make the job as easy and quick as possible.

This is the kind of thing I’m looking at but would happily pay more if necessary.
    Earlex HV3900 Spray Unit

somouk
    Free Member

With any type of spraying it will get very messy very quickly. You’ll also find the quality of finish won’t be as good as with a roller.

I’d just start with a roller and use good quality paint so as the number of coats is kept to a minimum.

Stoner
    Free Member

marcus7
    Free Member

I my experience they are noisy and the finish is poor, you have to thin the paint down so the coverage is poor and thus you need more coats you also need to mask a lot off which take time, rollers and pretty quick in comparison….

packer
    Free Member

Airless ones produce a far better result than cheap air based ones, but of course are more expensive (£200+). In my experience they give great results, much better than a roller.
    The only problem with them is that you have to be very thorough with masking as they do go everywhere. Usually masking takes about 10 times as long as the spraying!
    If you have more than one room to do and the rooms are empty I’d say it’s worth it, but if it’s a smaller job or the rooms are full of stuff then probably not worth it.

Alphabet

Thanks for the replies so far. The house is empty of furniture and has had all carpets removed. We’re planning to use the same colour throughout.

packer
    Free Member

In that case I would definitely spray if I were you.
    Worth hiring a decent quality airless sprayer (or buying one which you can sell on afterwards).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Paint Sprayers for decorating – Are they any good?’ is closed to new replies.