Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Painful Feet
  • cyclepathologist
    Free Member

Can anybody help with the following problem that I have which is getting worse,
    If you section your feet in to 5 equal segments with 1 being toes and 5 being the heel, I’m getting incredibly aching, painful feet around what would be section 4 and more toward the outside than the inside of both feet.
    Anybody else have this and found a fix?
    I’ve tried moving the cleats forward, backward, twisted more to the big toe, more to the little toe, dead straight……
    Both road and mountain bike shoes and pedals. Shoe makes tried include, Northwave, Shimano, Spuik, Mavic, Louis Garneu.
    It starts after 10 mins of riding so virtually straight away and gets so bad I can hardly stand up when I get off the bike. If I don’t find a fix soon I’ll be giving up.
    I noticed that I was ‘clawing’ with my toes and I’ve consciously stopped this but it’s had no effect.

darrenspink
    Free Member

So do you get this when you use flat pedals?

cyclepathologist
    Free Member

I can’t ride off road with flat pedals. Certainly not on the technical bits. I’m hopeless if I’m not clipped in. Would flat pedals make a difference? My foot would be in the same position and the soles of my shoes are stiff.
    An interesting thought though. I’ll give it a go on an easy mountain bike ride.
    Thanks.

geoffj

Dropped arches? Insoles?

cyclepathologist
    Free Member

I’ll look into that Geoff. Thank you.

seanthesheap
    Free Member

Hi
    I had this for a while, turns out my pedal cleats were too far back & saddle too low. All sorted now.

cyclepathologist
    Free Member

I’ll have a look at saddle height, thank you. I’ve had my cleats all over the place.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Only asking about flats to eliminate other possible issues. You maybe suprised after 20 mins of riding how your feet are positioned on the pedals. If you don’t get the pain then obviously it’s something todo with your setup. You aren’t alone with these problems.

cyclepathologist
    Free Member

Thanks. A different pain / ache than I’m getting but there’s a nice tip about putting shoes on and mimicking the keg pedal position before fastening shied up on there. Excellent!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Painful Feet’ is closed to new replies.