Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pain underneath outside of foot after first run in 8 months
  • Jase
    Free Member

Looking for a professional diagnosis or failing that advice from random people on the Internet.

Yesterday morning went for first run in 8 months. Only 30 mins and on beach/dunes so easy on the joints.

However, by the evening it was really painful to walk, pain underneath outside of right foot.

No pain when sitting or standing, just walking. Even putting pressure on foot with hand isn’t painful.

Anyone any ideas?

dovebiker

Plantar faciitis?

Cougar

Plantar faciitis

He doesn’t seem to have logged on here for a while.

piemonster

Anyone any ideas?

Yes, go see a podiatrist!

newrobdob
    Free Member

Although I’m not a doctor I am pretty sure that’s turtle leprosy. Classic signs.

Jase
    Free Member

Ruled out turtle leprosy first thing.

Jase
    Free Member

Plantar faciitis appears to be more on the inside of foot from what I’ve just googled

cyclistm
    Free Member

Mine was the same when I started running, just took a while to build up strength in area I don’t often use.

Though IANAD or a proper runner.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Only 30 mins and on beach/dunes

newrobdob
    Free Member

Ruled out turtle leprosy first thing.

Aha! Denial, the first stage of turtle leprosy.

smiffy

If it only hurts in one place after not running for 8 months you’re doing well, fair play. I did a similar thing and could barely get down the stairs for a week.

Dunes you say? barefoot? you’ll have given the bottom of your feet a right proper stretching that they don’t normally get.

soobalias
    Free Member

your double line spacing leads me to believe that you over pronate, you have a stress fracture in your fifth metatarsal. NSAIDS, RICE and MTFU as necessary.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Pain underneath outside of foot after first run in 8 months’ is closed to new replies.