Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pain mid shoulder after riding
  • brack
    Free Member

Anyone else get this ?

I have had a niggling pain mid clavicle – usually ( not had it for months ) get it on the right but now have it on the left…lasted for the past 4 days. And is excruciating when resting at night.

I rode the SDW in 2 days a week or so ago and commute every day on my bike …. so am putting it down to this ?

mikey74
    Free Member

I had something that sounds similar. I ended up going to a physio about it. After a couple of visits, and some manipulation, we put it down to how I slept at night: I tend to sleep on my side, and at the time was only using one pillow. As I am quite broad-shouldered, this put my neck at an acute angle, which was putting pressure on the nerve that down down my back into my arm.

It got to a stage where I could barely get out of bed in the morning

Cure: To sleep with my head on two pillows, instead of one. This pretty much cured it overnight.

Moral of this story? Perhaps it’s something to do with the angle you hold your neck at during riding and sleeping at night.

brack
    Free Member

You may just have solved a problem there Mikey !

glupton1976
    Free Member

Subclavius injury. Needs stretched and strengthened. Good luck.

brack
    Free Member

This all coincides with a relatively slack period of exercise.

Ive dramatically cut down on my routine of CV work, running, and biking… and spent a lot more time on the sofa.

Now – wondering if thats the more likely cause 🙄

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pain mid shoulder after riding’ is closed to new replies.