Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Pain in the foot…..
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

Hi guys bit of a long shot here as this has never happened to me before, im not sure if its anything to do with riding or my work boots but every morning i wake up my feet are really stiff and take a while to get to normal once i get walking, but after my ride last night i did about 25 mile and i also did 28 mile last week, soon as i got home off my bike my right heel really started hurting as i put pressure on it, ive been limping around all day because of this, i didnt fall off but i did 2 big climbs stood up on my bike which is a little different as i dont normally stand but i did, could it be a stretch do you think? i just want to know if this happenes to anyone else? im not exactly an old man im 28 but i feel 68 every morning haha 🙁 let us know!

allthegear
    Free Member

Arthritis. The bad kind.

Rachel

opusone
    Free Member

Any problems with your other joints (back or hands in particular) or is it just your feet? How long does the stiffness last in the morning?

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

no just my feet, it wares off after about 5 mins of actully being stood up but last night after my ride my right foot has been killing all day :/ never had that before really painfull in my heal :/

slimjim78
    Free Member

Do the soles of your feet hurt at all? Are they sensitive to pressing with your fingers/an object?

I used to suffer with tender heels, never got to the bottom of it – but – I now struggle with plantar fascitiis on the soles of my feet. Some mornings I hobble like an old man and it stretches off after a couple of mins. Can come on again without warning if I sit down for even just 2 or 3 mins. If I keep moving its fine.

Anyways. Still not worked out a cure. Good luck!

shermer75
    Free Member

I’d see a GP about those feet

opusone
    Free Member

Yeah +1 for seeing a GP, especially if everything’s still stiff and hurting after a few weeks.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

Slimjim thats exactly it! i can be ok when im up but as soon as i sit down for about 5 mins i get up and my ankles are killing, i wake up in the morn and dred standing up, i can work all day fine until i sit down again and then the pain :/ weird??

maccruiskeen

How long does the stiffness last in the morning?

Giggity

See a doc – however…. in the meantime perhaps, i’ve had shoes where the sole has either worn or compressed in such a way that I get foot pain… but not necessarily while I’m wearing them – might wear them once and get pain for the next few days. I didn’t realise one pair was to blame until I was working away and didn’t take them with me. Wearing them when I got back made me realise they were the culprit. They werent uncomfortable to wear – the pain would come later.

So maybe try not wearing certain pairs for a week at a time and see if its shoes that are the cause.

andy4d

Plantar faciatis if you ask me

scaredypants

get to A&E and have it x-rayed
    [/antidrac]

avdave2

Plantar faciatis if you ask me

Pretty sure that’s my problem following reading another thread on here. Currently treating mine with a small frozen water bottle, stretching and a Strasbourg Sock is on order.

I can run 10k no problem and 10 minutes later can’t take a step. start running again and after a few painful minutes I can run again. Foam roller did wonders for itb isuues in the same leg so I’m hoping for good results.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Call an ambulance

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Pain in the foot…..’ is closed to new replies.