Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Pain in a broken (and fixed) arm almost a year on?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How much pain/discomfort is normal?

Background:
    Broke my radius Christmas 2011, ORIF with plate/screws, broke it again (arround the end of the plate) Summer 2013, ORIF plate/screws again, and then again December 2013 (properly mashed it, bent the plate, crumbled the bone, screws pulled out, properly FUBAR’d), ORIF with a much larger plate (one intended for the lower leg) and a bone graft.

I know it took a little over a year the first time to get properly comfortable but this one feels a little odd still. After a heavy weekends sailing there’s a dull ache on the back of the arm which could be just muscles sore and rubbing on it, and mild carpel tunel type pain, but the pain on the back of the arm my brain still interprets it as the bone actualy bending (a wierd sensation!), gets the same sort of pain but worse if I pick up something moderately heavy at certain angles, picking up shopping off the back seat of the car usualy does it.

Am I being a nancy or should I go back and see the Dr? Not seen them since about 10 weeks after the opperation when the cast came off.

wwaswas

I’d talk to them.

I wasn’t pain/ache free in my hip until they took the metalwork out after 2 years.

Not saying they can/should do this to you but muscles sliding across assorted bolts etc can be uncomfortable particularly if there’s a lot of scar tissue from multiple ops etc.

francob80
    Free Member

Hi there, I would advise going to see a local Osteopath. They should be able to help with breaking down scar tissue and reducing the pain caused by nerve damage and generally improve circulation/lymph drainage. I am currently training to be an Osteopath and we see many people present with similar symptoms at our teaching clinic, I’ve seen first hand how patients can improve after just a few treatments.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Pain in a broken (and fixed) arm almost a year on?’ is closed to new replies.