Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pain behind knee/top of calve
  • damo2576
    Free Member

So for as long as I can remember I’ve had a very slight pain that can best be described as in the back of the knee when I fully squat and then get up.

Never much of a problem.

A couple of rides ago started to feel it, it bit like muscle soreness but not too painful, when pedalling in certain ways, more heel down/pushing forwards. Not major though.

Long ride yesterday and it was quite bad, today it is very sore. I can best describe as the very top of the calve in towards the back of knee. It doesn’t hurt when relaxed and feels like a muscle strain but I don’t know.

I’m off to physio and doctor of course but after hours of Googling I can’t figure out exactly what is wrong.

So STW, what is wrong?

larrystumbles
    Free Member

I had exactly that problem/pain you describe… MRI scan confirmed it was torn cartilege. Its a quick and easy key-hole op to fix, basically go in and cut out the torn piece. Its done in about an hour, you’ll walk out and you’ll be up and riding in a couple of weeks max

RoterStern
    Free Member

you’ll walk out and you’ll be up and riding in a couple of weeks max

Only in some cases are people able to walk out of the hospital. In may case the knee swelled up for two weeks and it was three weeks before I was able to ride again (by that time my leg had lost so much muscle mass it was the same diameter as my arm 🙁 )

camerone
    Free Member

Might be ITB syndrome. I had it recently, but its more the side of the knee than the back.. If it is stretches from Physio should sort it, it has mine

roady_tony
    Free Member

rest it for 3 weeks before it becomes serious as described above!

larrystumbles
    Free Member

Roter Stern… your experience sounds awful. I’ve had 3 arthroscopy ops on the same knee for torn cartilege and they have all been as i described above. Slight swelling, walked out, rested for a week and then back riding.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I had a similar sounding problem a few years ago, turned out to be Baker’s Cysts mine came about as I was rinding with my saddle too high and comboned with training for an Ironman typr thingy.. stopped running and they eventullay went away, still feel them from time to time when I have been at it too hard™

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I think you should get a medical professional to check it like a GP.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pain behind knee/top of calve’ is closed to new replies.