Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Paid for bike parts on STW and 3 weeks later not recieved and no communication
  • I bought some forks and bars off the classifieds, last had communication on the 23rd september saying he was posting them off soon. I emailed yesterday morning and i havent heard anything yet.

(i would have asked earlier but i havent had emails, and the post was going to my mums address so i assumed it had come by now)

Obivously i will give him some more time to see what i hear, but what should i do if its not cosher?

kaesae
    Free Member

How did you pay for the items?

Digger90
    Free Member

Name & shame…

paypal gift

scaredypants

oh dearie me – have you tried a search under that user id ? (there’s a lynch mob forming if my guess about who you mean is right)

donsimon
    Free Member

(i would have asked earlier but i havent had emails, and the post was going to my mums address so i assumed it had come by now)

[devil’s advocate] Much as I hate seeing this type of thread, you say that you haven’t had access to email for whatever reason (correct?). Isn’t it possible that the seller hasn’t had access either, for whatever reason?[/devil’s advocate]

Maybe give it a little longer, I bought something ages ago and it took weeks to arrive, it disappeared in the post and was returned to sender, after a second attempt it arrived, no problems. Then again, if you think the seller is dodgy, name and shame!

toys19
    Free Member

don simon +1. Rember this isn’t a retail operation, people make mistakes and other sh*t can happen…

yeah im giving it some time for response to emails but you can only wait so long!

verses

Playing Devils Advocate again, but the 23rd was actually 2 weeks ago, not 3 🙂 While it’s still a long time to wait, it’s not quite as bad as 3 weeks.

Jamie
    Free Member

@verses

The OP said they ” last had communication on the 23rd september ” not that they bought the items then. So it can still be 3 weeks since purchase.

julianwilson
    Free Member

There was a thread somewhere else on here the other day about your seller treefingers. Just do a search on his name. It reads as though he is slow rather than crooked, if you know what I mean.

kimbers

verses

Jamie – Member

@verses

The OP said they ” last had communication on the 23rd september ” not that they bought the items then. So it can still be 3 weeks since purchase.

d’oh

ourmaninthenorth

Am also waiting for something from a forum regular (not the person the OP bought from).

Discovered from his posting history he’s naffed off on holiday..!

kaesae
    Free Member

treefingerlongboards – Member
    paypal gift

If your paying by paypal get them to send an invoice and state clearly what you are buying and it’s condition in the invoice. Paypal has the same or almost the same protection as feebay.

As long as they state what the invoice is for your covered. I wouldn’t send the money as a gift unless you have to. However if you have emails from the seller you should be able to use those to make a paypal claim.

That said, you stated the money was a gift 😯 not sure about the legal stand point for that. so you might have just given it away 😆

They may also have posted the item and it’s simply got lost, a lot of people assume when you post something it will arrive, I would wait and see what happens.

If they don’t get in touch or try and sort it out contact paypal, remember you only have 45 days to make a claim. Lastly have they been active on the forum recently, if they have then they’ve had access to the internet.

If their last activity was when you spoke to them last chances are they don’t know of the problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Paid for bike parts on STW and 3 weeks later not recieved and no communication’ is closed to new replies.