Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Pah! Nobody wants to ride @ night around here(South Lakes)
  • postierich
    Free Member

Billy no mates again 😕 to dodgy to ride on my tod, wish I was back on my old stomping ground Cannock @ least people rode most nights.

Fairly dry @ the moment so would have been good to get out and have a beer after! I think thats what puts people off (the beer)

Fettle time in the cave methinks

rOcKeTdOg

i guess you can’t have it all, great riding but no one to ride with

perversely although the riding isn’t lakes standard the NW Alps posse has swelled with two new members and we seem to be riding minimum 3 times a week 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Pah! Nobody wants to ride with me @ night around here(South Lakes)

FTFY

GW
    Free Member

What’s to dodgy about riding on your tod?

postierich
    Free Member

Cheers druihd 🙁
    What’s to dodgy about riding on your tod?
    erm hate riding in body armour,lack of phone signal and I like to follow! 😉

grum
    Free Member

I’d go for a night ride with you if you can put up with me being horribly unfit. Only Monday nights feasible at the moment though.

geoffj

Dont the bog trotters do night rides? Obviously, you may have to put up with SFB 😉 but it may be worth it?

http://www.bogtrotters.org/rideslist.php

postierich
    Free Member

grum Mondays is my recovery day after a full day on Sunday!
    No worries with the bogtrotters met Simon and been meaning to get my other half on one of their rides might join them on the Wednesday Gilpin Bridge ride!

grum
    Free Member

Ah well. Wednesdays might be possible in a couple of weeks. Biketreks do weekly rides on tuesdays and thursdays BTW.

http://www.bike-treks.co.uk/weekly-rides.aspx

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

There’s a large group out from Keswick every Tuesday night if you like mountains and you don’t mind the drive.

closetroadie
    Free Member

Theres a Boggies ride round Elterwater on the 16th Nov. Simon doesn’t do the Wednesday night rides anymore.

Vortexracing

We do Farleton Knott and Kentmere at night. Not every week but we try and get a few in over the dark months.

How often do you ride? and which bit of south Lakes?

coastkid
    Free Member

I used to nightride on on my own all the time, still do often,
    Though i`m a loner so it does not bother me 😉
    nothing to fear, in fact some of the best night rides i do are solo, seen badgers, foxes, loads of deer etc…

Then a group of friends felt sorry for me and took me in 🙂
    Its all this forums fault :mrgreen:

tomaso
    Free Member

Bogtrotters northern night ride is starting out at Clapham and doing Norber for a 7:40 start. Yes its in Yorkshire but don’t hold that against the ride – leave the comfort of the Lakes and experience the delights of Norber Common followed by some of Skipton’s finest Golden Pippin ale.

The Bogtrotters southern contingent will be starting out at 7 and doing Abbey Village.

rewski
    Free Member

I’d love to but I’m in Surrey 🙁

tomaso
    Free Member

And the Gilpin Bridge ride is early to catch the quiz night at the Strickland Arms that serves rather posh sandwiches to the contestants and nice beer.

veedubba

I’m also in South Cumbria and I’d be up for a night ride (work and family permitting, and +1 for Grum’s fitness comment). Where’s everyone based?

I’ll start – Barrow.

lowey

KMB Tuesday night maniacs.
    Boggies usually ride every wednesday.

Or MTFU and go for a solo, they are great fun.

scruff
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’m coming to do a day ride with you Rich but it’ll be in the new year now. Get something nice planned 😉

IamSam
    Free Member

Theres a ride out of Ambleside every Tuesday night we leave from the main car park at around half six people start to arrive at sixish. Not to many people so theres not a whole lot of stopping. Andy who owns biketreks is often out so its a good way of getting to know the area.

TAA

Sam

GavinB

I’m staying around the South Lakes area at least one night a week at the moment through work, so keen to get out on the bike when I can. I’m working in Barrow, but normally try to stay a little bit closer to Newby Bridge/Bouth area.

Its usually a Monday or Tuesday night, so would be keen to get out with anyone for a couple of hours.

I’ll drop a few people my contact details, if you have an email in your profile, as it’ll be easier than posting up here to arrange details, but for next week I’m clear to ride on Monday night. I was hoping to get out last night, but didn’t leave work til 8 🙁

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Pah! Nobody wants to ride @ night around here(South Lakes)’ is closed to new replies.