Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • any Dalbeattie locals?
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Hi Forge197

I can't see you email next to your name, Simon Ralli said I should contact you as you are a local in Dalbeattie.

Can you (or any other local) recomend any good pubs that do meals IN Dalbeattie as we are camping and don't want to drive to a pub and walk back.

Also where's good for breakfast and buying butties for lunch as we can't be arsed to cook at the camp site?

Ta JC

simonralli2
    Free Member

I also need to get info from Trekster and Forge too, just in case I forget the off-piste bits as I'll be joining the gang on Tuesday.

I remember the bit of singletrack where you go left. This takes you towards that steep-ish slope yeah?

Then at the bottom, is it left or right to get to the cracking bit of singletrack in the pines, that has that sharp left just before you get to then end.

Then out of the woods, it's a left hand turn up that longish straight track yeah? I think I know where to go from there, back onto the main red route?

I may go this Sunday to see how I get on!!

forge197
    Free Member

JC – I don't know Dalbeattie to well for food, but there is/was an italian called Luigis and Wilbur's at the Pheasant Hotel that always look nice. There is a kebab shop, tandoori and fish and chip but are take away.

There a couple of sandwich bar places that open early 7.30ish and may do bacon rolls, I do know though that the bakers in Castle Douglas do excellent bacon sandwiches as well as rolls for Lunch.

If you are heading to Kirroughtree one day then the Tea Pot on the A75 en-route does a big breakfast as well as the normal bacon sarnie.

Hope that helps, think my e-mail is in my profile if you click on forge if you need more detail.

If you did want to drive The Anchor in Kipford is good.

Hello Simon

simonralli2
    Free Member

Forge – hiya – am going to email you in a few days time once I know how I am getting on on my bike. My plan is to show John the natural bits, then take a rain check to see if i am in any shape to get round the rest of the track. Am starting off tomorrow just with a half hour or so road ride to sound things out knee-wise ; (

forge197
    Free Member

Hope that goes well, not around this weekend but also need to see if my thigh is sorted it's painful today.

boxelder

Do you have to camp in Dalbeattie – much nicer in Kippford and then you have the Anchor for pub stuff. It's a 5 min pedal to reach the trail too (joining after Moyles Hill or whatever it's called. Don't know of any good pubs IN Dalbeattie. Lunch would be best from Dalbeattie though – can follow trails into town off the red route.

forge197
    Free Member
    Trekster

Must admit I am not too familiar with Dalbeattie eateries myself.
    The Italian is defo the best for evening meal option but likely to need booking, small and popular. It is called Mambos, 01556 612146.

Where are you stayin JC, various options not far from town centre.

Some good cafes on main street, biker friendly.
    The pies/pasties at the butchers nr the bridge are ace, championship winning butcher.

Good takeaway oposite Pheasant hotel, but shuts early.

Whats the plan for Tues? I am night shift but can always suffer for the cause 😆

What the others say re Kipford or Castle Point. Following the tall brown walkers post take you into the back of town at the school.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies

We've got in here http://www.islecroft.co.uk/

We are heading from Dalbeattie on day so the Tea Pot on the A75 en-route sounds great.

Trekster

Tea Pot is ace, amazing what can be done from a shed in a layby 😆

On a nice day sitting out the back with the tide in is just great

This is also good if you need a driving break;
    http://www.gardenwise-dumfries.co.uk/

As is this, just off the Dumfries by-pass on the Lockerbie road roundabout(2nd one from the South/Annan end)
    http://www.tarfftownandcountry.co.uk/coffee-shop/index.php

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Trekster – Member
    Whats the plan for Tues?

Meet up with Simon at Dalbeattie around 9.30am, let us know if your coming as we might be late/early

Trekster

will, so long as I can prise the car from the SO 🙄
    Not sure what mode of transport Simon has, he lives not far from me on the way into town.
    Late is good, I will be off nightshift, slow and sluggish 😕

simonralli2
    Free Member

Trekster – I still have the old Meriva so plenty of room, if you bring a couple of blankets as per usual!

I have no idea if I will get all the way around, may have to take a short cut back but will give it my best shot!!

9.00am at your house?

allthepies
    Free Member

As above, Anchor in Kippford is the way to go, there's **** all in Dalbeattie.

Trekster

cheers Simon, I`ll be ready

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Cheers for the Dalbeattie "secret" trails ride yesterday guys.

How's your hand this morning Trekster?

simonralli2
    Free Member

His hand is not at all good as can be seen in the photo he posted on this thread:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/finally-back-on-my-bike-wet-fun-at-dalbeattie-today

I am quite embarrassed by making a little joke about his off, as I thought it occurred some time after the photo i posted happened. Hopefully he will accept my sincere apologies!

toons
    Free Member

Does anybody have the gps route of the secret stuff?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘any Dalbeattie locals?’ is closed to new replies.