Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Original Tinbred seatpost diameter?
  • Tinbred
    Free Member

Does anyone know the seatpost diameter required for a tinbred frame.

Neither half of my current seatpost has the diameter on it anymore and I can’t remember what it was.

TheGingerOne

Original Tinbred was 27.2

theotherjonv

mine was a 27.2 but was a bit baggy, hence best fit was a 27.3 ragley spike

Tinbred
    Free Member

CHeers. 27.2 rings a bell. it was always an easy fit, but had to do the clamp tight to stop it creaking.

brant
    Free Member

27.3mm does ring a bell!

bencooper
    Free Member

What kind of lunatic designs a bike with a 27.3mm seatpost?! 🙂

This explains why I have to do up the clamp super-tight…

TheGingerOne

Detail:
    On-One Old Skool 3/2.5 Ti tubing throughout. Lazer cut vertical dropouts, bottle bosses.
    Price:
    £899 for the frame only
    Colour:
    Brushed Ti with vinyl graphics
    Sizing:
    Pick a size, but don’t be too frantic… All our bikes are LONG to make them hammer fast on singletrack when you’re cranking… They’re a touch longer than most bikes to get the most from your power, but also cos we spec them with short rake forks and short stems – even on the large size we only run 80mm stems to give great steering. Check the measurements below.

Note your inside leg measurement should be from crotch to ground in cycling shoes – which is about 2in longer than your trousers (providing they’re the right length)

Height
    Inside leg*
    Suggested
    frame size
    Stem length

5’6″-5’10”
    28″-31″
    16″
    60-80mm

5’9″-6′ 1″
    30″-34″
    18″
    60-80mm

6′ – 6’4″
    33″-37″
    20″
    80-105mm

Frame size (Centre-top)
    16″ 18″ 20″
    Effective top-tube length
    23.2″ 23.7″ 24.1″
    Head Angle
    71o 71o 71o
    Seat Angle
    73o 73o 73o
    BB Height
    11.9″ 11.9″ 11.9″
    Standover
    28.2″ 29.4″ 30.5″
    Head tube length 90mm 105mm 120mm

All sizes measurements presume 2.0in tyres (ish)
    OTHER STUFF
    Seatpost size – 27.2mm (the tube is slotted at the front, to stop muck getting in)
    BB Shell – 68mm (axle length of 113mm for most cranks these days)
    Seat tube size -32mm seatclamp, 31.7mm front mech.
    Headtube size – 1.125in (inch and an eighth)
    Warranty: Two years manufacturing defects with a 3yr half price crash replacement warranty.
    Custom colours or braze ons: We don’t do ’em. Inbreds are only available as they come.
    But remember – at these prices, you could always have a builder repaint/braze on for you.

I might have saved the webpage for future reference 😀

Tinbred
    Free Member

DO I trust Brant who designed and built it on the 27.3 or Thegingerone who saved the original webpage and says 27.2 and do they really build seat posts with 0.1mm tolerances?

theotherjonv

like I say, I think it was supposed to be 27.2 but came up a bit baggy. Had a Thomson on it for a while but it would never stay put, once I got the 27.3 Ragley had no further issues.

Still have that in the garage actually, used on other 27.2 seattubes now. Bit of a tight fit in some cases but it doesn’t slip.

do they really build seat posts with 0.1mm tolerances

They are a high class component manufacturer, don’t you know, not some blokes in a shed in Yorkshire. Oh…..

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Mine was fine with a 27.2mm, however I was using a bolt up clamp rather than a QR.

brant
    Free Member

Spec is 27.2mm of course, but I do remember some being a bit baggy. Interestingly the 27.3mm post was just a thing we decided to do to help people with slipping seatpost. It wasn’t an issue on Ragley frames we were trying to fix.

tinsy
    Free Member

I miss my sadly stolen Tinbred…

I do remeber slipping post issues on it, sounds like the reason was the slight oversizing. Bit of grease on my QR and it used to do up tight enough to hold OK, the clamping force on a dry QR is greatly reduced to one with bit of slippy on it..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Original Tinbred seatpost diameter?’ is closed to new replies.